Job Title: Medical Assistant Instructor
Summary: The Medical Assistant Instructor will ensure ethical conduct, sound educational practices, and the academic development of each student, with focus on the Mission Objectives of the College of Health Care Professions. In this position, the Instructor delivers the curriculum to help students achieve their educational goals. The instructors will also manage their classrooms and promote a positive and engaging learning environment, provide support, tutoring and other assistance as needed. Instructors are to “model” the professional behaviors, language, and activities expected of our students.
Incumbent must assure that the College of Health Care Professions (CHCP) philosophy on core values are the basic elements of carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position. The core values are the basic elements of how we go about our work. They are the practices we use (or should be using) every day in everything we do. Our core values are a small set of timeless guiding principles which we live by.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize classroom and lab instruction, student assessment mechanisms, and classroom management techniques to provide an engaged classroom experience to students.
- Guarantee that student has been presented with material to successfully meet the learning objectives of each course within a student’s program of study.
- Ensure the instructional materials and equipment are ready for student use, sufficient in quantity, and are properly maintained and in working order.
- Participate in on-going faculty assessment and professional development activities to ensure an active and engaging classroom for all students; maintain required certification and licensure.
- Actively participate in meeting, review and analyze data, compile reports, and meet academic and administrative deadlines.
- Ensure campus compliance with all federal, state, and regulatory bodies’, guidelines, along with internal policies of the company.
- Monitor attendance of students and submit to registrar’s office before leaving work day/evening.
- Prepare weekly lesson plans; follow syllabi to maintain a pace to meet requirements.
- Ensure strict adherence to school schedule.
- Notify director of all incidents and/or issues immediately.
- Grade tests and submit grades on time to register’s office.
- Maintain and clean classrooms, laboratory areas and faculty offices.
- Arrive for work, be in your classroom to greet students and begin class on time.
- Other duties as assigned.
Degree or post-secondary education and relative experience to meet state (TWC) and accreditation requirements
Click Here To Apply