- Candidate will be responsible for proposal and report preparation, managing static load testing, bi-directional load testing, Statnamic load testing, post grouting, dynamic pile testing at construction sites. Testing locations will be primarily in the USA. However, some occasional travel outside the United States will be required.
Candidate will also perform other field tests including Low Strain Integrity Testing (PIT), Crosshole Sonic Logging (CSL), and Thermal Integrity Profiling (TIP).
Candidate will undertake analysis of collected data and prepare reports for clients in a timely and accurate manner.
- Applied Foundation Testing will train and equip the candidate in the use of all of its testing systems and our propriety data acquisition and analysis software, PDA, Pile Integrity Tester, Cross Hole Analyzer, Olson Freedom Data PC, Thermal Integrity Profiler, CAPWAP, and GRLWEAP.
- Candidate will report directly to the Vice President of Services located in Tampa and operate from the Jacksonville Office. Engineers are required to be self-motivated and well-organized in managing client portfolios and requirements.
- Nominal work schedule is eight to ten working hours per day, five days a week. However, as AFT provides a service that must be responsive to the immediate needs of the client, the work schedule can sometimes stretch into the weekends or into extra hours.
Engineers spend approximately 50% of their time away from the office at construction sites or traveling. With experience, some international work assignments can be required.
- Offices in Green Cove Springs (Jacksonville), Fl; Tampa, FL, Pensacola, FL, Raleigh, NC, and Honolulu, Hawaii
- The deep foundation testing industry is a specialized field in which Applied Foundation Testing is one of the industry leaders in terms of knowledge, skill, and innovation due our unique history and connection to some of the founders of modern deep foundation testing. Ever since our inception in 1997, we have been growing consistently and our employees with it.
Project engineers are tracked with a view to taking on more responsibility for their own client base or branch office as well as corporate responsibilities.
- Applied Foundation Testing maintains a small business approach despite the fact that it covers the entire United States and works abroad. This allows for a collegial and positive atmosphere within the company.
AFT Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering. Candidates with a Master of Science in Civil Engineering with Geotechnical Emphasis will be given preferential consideration.
A strong geotechnical academic background and PE license are required.
Candidate should have an appreciation and understanding for field and consulting work and be able to work independently and jointly with senior level staff.
Candidate should have proposal preparation and engineering marketing experience.
Previous experience in dynamic and other forms of deep foundation testing is required.
Candidate must have good writing and communication skills.
- This is a salaried position with a competitive salary.
Benefits: AFT offers medical, dental insurance, and vision as well as long-term disability and life insurance. Following the first year of employment, employees are invited to participate in a Simplified IRA.
Click Here To Apply