Under management’s direction, the Hospital Services Swing worker travels between customer healthcare facilities providing on-site proactive collection and exchange waste containers for various Stericycle programs. This includes, but not limited to: Sharps Management Service, Pharmaceutical Waste, Controlled Substances, and Document Management. This service is provided at regularly scheduled intervals for assigned facilities. Fills in for other Team Members who are on vacation, sick, leave, etc. Assists Supervisor, as needed, covers schedules and locations, which may vary based on coverage required. Key Job Activities:
Primary back up for Hospital Services Technicians. Travels between customer healthcare facilities to proactively monitor, collect, and exchange waste containers for various Stericycle programs and services, including but not limited to: Sharps Management Service, Pharmaceutical Waste, Controlled Substance and Document Shredding. Installs product, resurvey accounts and assists Supervisor in asset/inventory management. 60%
Interacts professionally with onsite customer staff to ensure service expectations are met or exceeded. May travel to customers in assigned area to proactively resolve customer service questions and issues. 15%
Maintains a rigid collection and service schedule. May assist with installs as required. 10%
Communicates duty status on a defined scheduled. 10%
Performs other related duties as required or requested. 5% Education: Required Education: in High School or Equivalent Experience (North America & LATAM):
Required Years of Experience (North America only): 2+ years
Preferred Experience: Good knowledge & understanding
For Management jobs, years of management experience preferred: None
- 2+ years of industry related experience in a customer service capacity preferred, or the equivalent in related work experience, demonstrating strong communication skills and tact in providing superior customer service in a variety of settings and situations.
- May require mandatory immunizations and credentialing based on customer requirements.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. Must possess reliable transportation to travel between customer facilities.
- Must reside within reasonable commuting distance of primary customer base, based on business needs.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer software applications including spreadsheets and application-based programs to track daily KPI’s. Experience (EMEAA): Certifications and/or Licenses: Medical Examiners Certification Benefits: Disclaimer:
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
Are you looking to kickstart your career? Maybe you’re rejoining the workforce or seeking a career change? Stericycle is hiring now! We, as an essential business, are on the front lines as supporting the healthcare industry during the COVID-19 pandemic. This means that, in addition to our generous benefits, our team members enjoy better job stability and opportunities for advancement. We’ ve also updated our policies and training to ensure that all of our team members can safely serve our customers. We protect what matters .
Click Here To Apply