Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
The HIM Analyst is responsible for monitoring incomplete/deficiency reports to assist in timely record completion by the physicians and other staff as appropriate. This would include the ES Rejection Audit Trail Report and the Closed Chart Worklist Notification Listing. Responsible for semi-assembling and scanning discharged medical records for deficient or missing documentation, signatures, etc., according to JCAHO and other regulatory guidelines. Analyzes, veriffies and names the appropriate documentation according to the assigned name. Responsibilities include the following:
- Semi-Assembles discharged medical records into format appropriate to patient type, placing documentation into the needed number of folders respective to the patient’s length of stay. Marks each volume appropriately (eg Volume 1 of 6, 2 of 6, et
- Scans and maintains all reduced portions of in-house patient records until patient discharge
- Prepares folders for charts according to color coded terminal digit order
- Prints and makes off discharge list daily, pori
- Preps discharge records by removing staples, blank sheets, all archived reports
- Scans documentation into the E-chart
- Verifies documentation and images that have been scanned
- Identifies and names scanned documentation and images that have been scanned with assigned mnemonic
- Analyzes records for missing dictated reports, and signatures
- Sends documentation to Permanent storage
- Audits charts for completion of deficiencies based on assigned physicians and scanning verification
- Reviews discharged patient records according to JCAHO and other regulatory guidelines for deficient or missing dictated reports or clinician signatures as appropriate, processing records in Meditech system in the next business day after patient discharge.
- Updates or completes out deficient charts in Meditech by removing draft copies entered manually once completed by Physician
- Performs a monthly QA audit on one hundred discharged records.
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Director.
- High school diploma or GED
- Six monthsprevious medical record experience in discharged chart analysis
- Graduate of an accredited Health Information Management program accepted in lieu of experience.
- Problem solving skills
- Microsoft Office skills, including Microsoft Access
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to plan and organize effectively
- Electronic record experience
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at [email protected] All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Click Here To Apply