Gallagher Bassett is the premier provider of global claims services, dedicated to exceptional customer service and demonstrably superior outcomes. GB helps people, teams and businesses overcome adversity and loss through the guiding expertise of over 5,000 claims professionals, all committed to going beyond expectations in the continuous pursuit of a better way.
This position is based out of Gallagher’s Las Vegas location. We care about keeping our employees safe and healthy in relating to COVID-19. At this time, our workforce is primarily working from home. As we move you through the hiring process, we will work to keep you informed as to the location situation and how we are assessing safety standards. If this is not an arrangement that would suit you, please stay in touch for future roles by clicking here to join our Talent Network.
Our Claims Customer Service Representatives are responsible for handling claims inquiries in a fast-paced environment while resolving customer concerns and questions. Your primary responsibilities include data entry, transfer and processing plus answering phone inquiries on the claim status.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Demonstrate outstanding listening skills while exhibiting excellent customer service, patience, and empathy to promote the company reputation of integrity.
- Prepares source data for computer entry into spreadsheets by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities
- Customers will provide data through forms or verbally and you will need to enter them into the system
- Answer incoming phone inquiries from clients, claimants and medical providers about claims information.
- Prevent and defuse situations through research, customer education and exploring alternative solutions to ensure a successful resolution
- High school graduate or GED
- At least a year of customer service experience
- Strong typing and basic computer skills
Nice to Have:
- A working knowledge of Microsoft software, including Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
- Excellent written communication via email and chat
- Bilingual Spanish skills
- Previous insurance experience
- Attention to detail
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher’s Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Click Here To Apply