Quality Assurance Job Summary
Branding Iron in Sauk Rapids, MN is looking for a qualified Quality Assurance Supervisor. This is a full-time 2nd shift position.
We are an innovative company that will invest in your potential. We have the honor and responsibility of working in food – a critical infrastructure industry during this time of global crisis. We are working around the clock to keep inventory flowing to our retailers and to help feed the world.
The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for supporting the quality assurance and food safety program. Responsibilities include auditing of Quality systems and programs such as, HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), SSOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for the Quality department. Responsible for communication of food quality standards to plant personnel through training, corrective actions, quality audits, and production monitoring.
Quality Assurance Supervisor Responsibilities
- Function as direct supervisor of the hourly QA team members.
- Conduct verification, validation of Food Safety Pre-requisite programs.
- Support HACCP policies and procedures.
- Serves as HACCP Team Member.
- Monitor, support and enforce all Branding Iron’s food safety processes and procedures. This includes all plant standards, and customer specific standards as identified in supporting documentation.
- Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly Food Safety Inspections or as needed.
- Ensure all quality procedures and processes are followed according to document policies.
- Ensures that all GMP and Safety standards are complying.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of all products manufactured by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging materials, and operations required in the manufacturing process including quality specifications and standards.
- Assist in designing and implementing quality assurance training programs.
- Can assist with plant management in customer complaints regarding quality.
Quality Assurance Supervisor Essential Requirements
- Direct experience with food industry production audits.
- Preferred SQF Practitioner Certification.
- Knowledge of Food Safety (HACCP principals, GMPs, and SSOPs, Pest Control, Allergen Control).
- Solid knowledge of Laboratory Procedures.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both orally and written.
- Supervisory experience in a QA lab.
- Knowledge of USDA regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of statistical process control, quality assurance techniques and tools and quality management principles in a food manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates as well as plan, monitor and schedule work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
Why join the Branding Iron Team?
- Health Insurance- comprehensive medical, dental, vision
- Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Exceptional paid time off (PTO) plan and paid holiday schedule
- 401k plan, including company match
- Exceptional Bonus Plan
- Generous employee purchase program
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- QA: 1 year (Preferred)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
Click Here To Apply