The Loft Rehabilitation and Nursing of Canton is a skilled nursing facility located in Canton, Illinois. At The Loft our commitment is to quality resident experience along with strong, evidence-based best practices. We know one of the best ways to achieve this is to have the same commitment to employee satisfaction. At The Loft of Canton, you will be a valued part of The Team!
JOB SUMMARY FOR HOUSEKEEPING AIDE:
We are currently seeking applicants for the position of Housekeeping Aide. The Housekeeping Aide will perform a variety of general housekeeping/cleaning duties in various areas to maintain the center in a sanitary, safe, attractive, and orderly condition.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS FOR HOUSEKEEPING AIDE:
- Follow established departmental policies and procedures, including appropriate dress code.
- Follow and complete cleaning schedules daily as assigned.
- Maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis as well as a calm environment throughout the department.
- Participate in In-service Education Programs.
- Recommend to the Housekeeping Supervisor the equipment and supply needs of the department.
- Maintain an adequate amount of supplies on housekeeping cart to perform routine cleaning.
- Place proper SDS label on all chemicals, and replace with proper label when soiled or worn.
- Use only the correct supplies and in proper dilution ratios.
- Keep all restricted areas locked.
- Check all windows, furniture, fixtures, etc. for correct operation and complete maintenance repair slip, turn in to supervisor.
- Follow all safety rules.
- Practice good infection control and follow universal precautions procedures.
- Replace and replenish all supplies as needed to maintain availability of toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, etc.
- Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor.
- Attend staff meetings as directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR HOUSEKEEPING AIDE:
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must function independently, have flexibility, personal Integrity and the ability to work effectively with the residents, family members, visitors, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, young, emotionally upset and at times hostile people.
- May be required to lift, push, pull and move equipment, supplies etc., in excess of fifty (50) pounds throughout the day.
We offer competitive wages with shift differentials and holiday pay. We also offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for all full-time positions.
If you have a desire to make a difference in people’s lives, apply today!
2081 N Main St, Canton, IL 61520, USA
Click Here To Apply