New Starting Rate!!! $100.00 monthly bonus!!! Uniform allowance!!!
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs various resident care activities and related non-professional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the residents.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
A. Job Knowledge and Role Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrates knowledge of age specific developmental factors specific to adult and geriatric residents (i.e. physical, cognitive, and socialization factors) in planning delivery of care.
2. Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and techniques necessary to care for residents with the following needs: therapeutic, neuro and dementia, dialysis, infectious disease and wound care, if applicable.
3. Provides nursing care in accordance with Resident Care Policies and Procedures and ensures the safety and well being of the residents is maintained.
4. Attends all mandatory in-services by employee’s anniversary date.
5. Acts appropriately under the direction of the Charge Nurse and acts as an active member of the interdisciplinary team.
6. Demonstrates ability to adjust to changes in units/shift assignments to meet resident and facility needs.
7. Demonstrates knowledge and ability to provide care on specialized dementia unit, as appropriate.
8. Successful completion of facility orientation on the care of a resident on a specialized dementia unit, as appropriate.
9. Demonstrates knowledge of and complies with the Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program when performing work functions.
B. Resident Care Responsibilities:
1. Answers call bells on a timely basis to respond to resident needs.
2. Completes or assists residents with bathing, dressing, hygiene, and grooming, in accordance with established Care Plan.
3. Assists residents with oral care (teeth brushing) as per Care Plan.
4. Weighs residents and records weights monthly/weekly or more frequently as assigned.
5. Serves and collects food trays, feeds residents requiring help, provides meal supplements and fresh drinking water as needed.
6. Moves or assists residents in moving to and from bed as necessary, and transports residents using wheelchairs, or assists them with walking, as per Care Plan.
7. Takes vital signs on all residents as per Care Plan including temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure. Notifies Charge Nurse of any changes or findings beyond normal limits.
8. Records food and liquid intake and emission as directed.
9. Reports all unusual conditions and reactions to nurse in charge.
10. Assists in keeping residents’ rooms and equipment clean, neat and orderly. Cleans and maintains therapeutic equipment (i.e. nebulizers, oxygen concentrators, IV poles and pumps, wheelchairs, gerichairs, siderail pads, linen carts, med carts, treatment carts, tub rooms, etc.). Dates and labels all personal hygiene items. Removes and cleans all therapeutic equipment and returns to its appropriate storage area if a resident is discharged or expires.
11. Changes bed linen and incontinent care items as needed.
12. Follows established systems:
a) Releases restraints and repositions residents according to established Care Plan.
b) Ensures that all residents are out of bed according to established Care Plan (if appropriate). If a resident does not get out of bed, notifies Charge Nurse.
c) Turns, positions and toilets residents as per Care Plan.
d) Ambulates residents according to the plan of care and facility policy.
C. Role Responsibilities-Interpersonal Skills:
1. Is aware of, and adheres to, Resident’s Bill of Rights and Confidentiality of Resident Information.
2. Interacts with residents and family members, co-workers, clinical and ancillary staff in a non-judgmental, supportive and calm manner.
3. Addresses resident and family satisfaction issues immediately by reporting them to the Charge Nurse in a professional manner.
4. Is aware of Resident Abuse Reporting Law.
5. Participates as assigned in the orientation of new staff and demonstrates a positive, helpful and enthusiastic attitude.
D. Role Responsibilities-Safety:
1. Demonstrates ability to locate emergency equipment (i.e. emergency oxygen tank).
2. Understands and can demonstrate knowledge of role in Fire and Disaster drills.
3. Demonstrates ability to identify/respond appropriately to potential behavioral outbursts.
4. Uses facility equipment safely.
5. Recognizes, removes, and/or reports potential hazards.
E. Resident Care Responsibilities-Infection Control:
1. Demonstrates knowledge of and implements universal precautions.
2. Washes hands between resident contacts as appropriate.
3. Handles linen and disposes of waste properly.
4. Demonstrates ability to care for residents on precautions.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of correct positioning/care of catheters and drainage.
F. Resident Care Responsibilities-Resident Dignity:
1. Addresses residents in a respectful manner.
2. Discusses confidential resident information in appropriate areas only.
3. Knocks on door prior to entering resident rooms, and maintains resident privacy and dignity when providing personal care such as bathing, dressing and toileting.
G. Other Duties as Assigned by Charge Nurse or Resident Care Coordinator.
64 Hager St, Buffalo, NY 14208, USA
Click Here To Apply