Under general direction from the Director of Clinic Operations, the Clinic Site NP Manager plans, organizes and manages the health education and ambulatory care operations at one of the three Frank Kiang Medical Center (FKMC), Rolland & Kathryn Lowe Medical Center (RKLMC), Chenming & Margaret Hu Medical Center (HMC) clinics. The manager supervises nursing and patient education staff, performs nursing duties, and in collaboration with the Clinic Site Manager integrates front and back-office operations and coordinates the clinic’s patient education and community outreach programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Responsible for ensuring thorough health education, counseling of patients, and maintaining the highest level of nursing services according to clinic policies and culturally competent care consistent with the agency’s Guide to Service Excellence and Corporate Compliance Plan. Safeguards patient’s privacy rights and assists in the resolution of patient complaints.
2. Ensures the patients’ comfort and security beginning with their entry into the back office through check-out.
3. Collaborates with the Clinic Site Manager to ensure adequate staffing for the provision of high-quality services. This includes ensuring staffing and scheduling of specialty services.
4. Promotes, by personal example, a standard of teamwork, cooperation, and positive workplace practices among all staff and components of the clinic site. Collaborates with Clinic Site Manager to ensure that appropriate initial and on-going training is provided to staff. Fosters staff professional growth.
5. Conducts regular performance evaluations and fosters staff professional growth. Monitor licenses, permits, certifications, and other statutory requirements and ensures their timely renewal. In consultation with the Site Director and Human Resources recommends and carries out performance improvement plans, disciplinary actions and dismissals, as needed.
6. Performs the full range of NP duties including medical procedures and tests under the supervision of a provider, identifying health care needs, providing clear and accurate documentation of medical information, recording of vital signs, recognizing variances from normal results and taking appropriate action, triaging, seeing patients in nurse visit, providing health education and participating in case of management sessions, as needed.
7. Performs and/ or supervises the performance of sterilization, infection control, cleaning of medical instruments/ equipment, and clinic areas. Performs and/ or supervises the ordering of medical supplies including the emergency kit, medications, and medical equipment; maintenance of clinic supply inventory making sure that exam rooms and nursing stations are well stocked and adequately supplied, calibrate and maintain medical equipment.
8. Continuously evaluates and improves clinical services in conjunction with other staff including physicians, support services, health education, and administration. Assists in the introduction of new healthcare programs, such as chronic care management and health coaching, as needed.
9. Oversees the patient education component of the site, which includes group visits and workshops as well as individual patient education visits.
10. Collaborates with Director of Clinic Operations, Site Director, Clinic Site Manager and providers to develop the site’s advocacy, patient education, and outreach programs.
11. Collaborates with Clinic Site Manager to analyze the patient flow and implement changes to improve the quality of patients’ time in the clinic, monitors and analyzes appointment schedules and develops systems to ensure open appointment slots are filled, monitors the clinic budget-making recommendations as appropriate; backs up the Clinic Site Manager, as needed.
12. Interfaces with AHS sites and outside agencies, including the state, insurance agencies, and community health center network on audits. Organizes and coordinates clinic participation in various quality and performance indicators.
13. Collaborates with the Director of Clinic Operations, Site Director and Clinic Site Manager to ensure Staff and Patient Safety including OSHA compliance, emergency response procedures including drills (fire, earthquake, code pink, etc.) and serves as liaison to such entities as collaborating agencies responding to disaster; the Oakland Police and Fires Department and the AHS Safety Committee, as needed.
14. Collaborates with the Director of Clinic Operations, Site Director, Human Resources and the agency Corporate Compliance Officer to ensure compliance with all agency policies and procedures and applicable government regulations relating to personnel relations and corporate compliance, including HIPAA, the posting of legally required public information, training, investigation, and enforcement.
1. Manages the day to day supervision and scheduling of nursing, and patient education staff including RNs, LVNs, Health Navigators/ Health Coaches/ Medical Assistants, and Interpreters, ensuring that the highest quality of care is delivered.
2. Direct supervision of a department involving responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, and personnel.
3. Conducts supervisory/managerial responsibilities by the organization’s policies and applicable laws including interviewing and hiring of employees; planning, assigning, scheduling, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
4. Monitors licenses, permits, certifications, and other statutory requirements and ensures their timely renewal.
1. Graduate of an approved NP program required
2. Five years’ related NP experience in a multidisciplinary health care setting.
1. Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or Master’s degree (M.S.) in nursing preferred
2. Commitment to working in the Asian community and to community health care with familiarity with community health clinics preferred
3. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
4. To requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
5. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
1. Valid and current Nurse Practitioner licensed in the state of California required.
2. CPR certification required.
3. IV and Blood Draw certification required
Click Here To Apply