We’re hiring a New Car Porter to join our team at Herrin-Gear Toyota.
Are you interested in breaking into the automotive industry, but weren’t sure where to start? Apply now for our New Car Porter position.
New Car Porter / Lot Attendent Responsibilities:
- Maintain new vehicle inventory appearance and performance by cleaning interior and exterior of vehicles (when needed).
- Replacing batteries when necessary.
- Place buyer guides and stock tags in vehicles.
- Keep new vehicle lot neat and orderly, moving cars as directed by the General Sales Manager, New Car Manager & Management Team in accordance with dealership display standards.
- Clean driveway and sidewalks.
- Assist salespeople with vehicle drop offs, as needed.
- Make key tags for vehicles.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Reports any safety issues and any vehicle damage immediately to management
- Handles vehicle check in for New Cars
- Cleans service and other areas as directed by management.
- Keeps new and used vehicle lots neat and organized as directed by management.
- Provides transportation for customers.
- Must be alert of traffic flow in parking area & lot
- Do not speed as well when driving at any time on the lot.
- Employee will be required to operate company or customer vehicles at any time and must adhere to the company driving policy(s)
- Employees are expected to refrain from using their handheld devices while driving; this includes cell phones and texting while driving in connection with their job duties. Safety must come before all other concerns
- Employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintains professional demeanor and appearance, as well as, keeps work areas neat and clean.
- Utilizing spatial and artistic judgment
- Frequently standing, moving, bending, and crouching
- Working in extreme temperatures
Lot Attendants take pride in the appearance of their location, making sure the grounds, buildings, and inventory always look their best welcoming customers to find their perfect deal.
- Follow company safety procedures and operation policies
- Prompt work arrival
- Efficient use of personal time and company resources
- Work weekends and holidays as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 0-2 years experience
New Car Porter / Lot Attendent Qualifications:
- Ability to complete assigned tasks
- Self-starter with ability to work well as part of a team or independently
- Positive attitude and can-do mentality
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Willing to submit to pre-employment drug screen and background check
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- BlueCross BlueShield Medical
- Guardian Dental Insurance
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Paid Vacation time (after 1 year of service)
- Employee Discounts on New and Pre-Owned vehicles
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to utilize manual dexterity as well as stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Why should I come work for Herrin-Gear Toyota?
- You want to work for a car dealer that has a strong moral compass and treats all of its associates with respect
Herrin-Gear Toyota is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $29,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Lot Attendant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- One location
Click Here To Apply