The Nurse Manager, RN is responsible for promoting the mission, goals and strategic direction of Passport Health by executing the day-to-day management and long-term planning of Passport Health clinics, and ensuring compliance with local, state and federal regulations and accreditation standards. As a vital member of the Clinical Operations team, they will manage and develop work-based teams for assigned shifts, train new staff and provide leadership to nursing team members within their respective region of clinics.
To drive the successful delivery of excellent patient care, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identifies client service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Addressing customer feedback; promotes customer service and responds to and adequately resolves complaints or concerns from customers about Passport Health services.
- Promotion of Passport Health services within the community.
- Flexible and able to work irregular schedules that may include weekends and holidays.
- Maintains nursing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training nurses and auxiliary staff.
- New staff orientation and onboarding; review of new staff at 90 days.
- Existing staff coaching, counseling, and disciplining; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results as needed and full evaluation annually.
- Oversees nursing and administrative schedules to assure they meet client needs and budgetary standards.
- Provides information to nursing and administrative staff by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods. Oversees and supervises development and delivery of in-service education to equip nursing staff with sufficient knowledge and skills to provide the highest level of quality service and care.
- Proactively develops positive employee relations, incentives, and recognition programs.
- Travels to multiple clinic locations to train and/or inspect locations and provide oversight to PRNs.
Policy and Procedure Implementation, Interpretation and Continuous Improvement
- Develops, maintains, and implements nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice, facility philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with laws and regulation of the territory.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing staff, and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by designing and implementing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects client and employees by developing and interpreting infection control policies and protocols; enforcing medication administration, storage procedures.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by monitoring confidential information processing
- Maintains documentation of patient care services by auditing patient records.
- Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by studying usage reports; identifying trends; anticipating needed supplies; approving requisitions and cost allocations.
Required Education and Experience
- A minimum of 5+ years nursing experience, with 1 – 2 years serving in leadership capacity
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Registered Nurse (RN) with active applicable state licensure
- American Heart Association issued BLS and ACLS certified
- Clean background check and clean drug screen
Required Skills and Abilities
- Strong Leadership Skills: Ability to maintain a healthy, collaborative team environment.
- Compassionate, Excellent Bedside Manner: You must feel and be able to demonstrate concern for others’ well-being.
- Excellent Organizational Skills and Attention to Detail: Being well organized and detail-oriented will help you correctly follow all procedures and ensure the safety of yourself, your patients, and your coworkers.
- Critical Thinking Skills: This skill set will allow you to evaluate problems and take the necessary actions to solve them.
- Emotional Stability and Patience: Ability to manage and deal effectively with deal with difficult situations.
- Listening and Speaking Skills: Able to communicate effectively with patients and other healthcare workers. You should be able to collaborate with team members.
- Confidentiality and Compliance: Maintains a high degree of confidentiality concerning health service records and information.
- High Ability to Multitask: Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and without error.
- Technical Capabilities: Skilled with current technology and able to learn new skills quickly; proficient with G-Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, or related software.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Nursing: 3 years (Required)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- RN (Required)
- One location
- For Profit
- Current State Nursing License
Completed license needed:
- Upon starting work
Relocation Assistance Provided:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Yes, temporarily due to COVID-19
Click Here To Apply