Herzog companies was founded in 1969 by William E. Herzog as a heavy/highway construction contractor in the Midwest. Herzog now specializes in Railroad Construction, Transit Operation and Maintenance Services, Civil Construction and Railroad Services nationwide. Our team consists of people who are innovators at heart, continuously exploring new ways to improve our products, services, and, ultimately, the industry. By always challenging ourselves – and each other – to push for more, we keep Herzog at the forefront of the rail industry.
TransitAmerica Services, Inc. is currently seeking a Facility Maintenance Supervisor in Menlo Park, CA. This is a working supervisor position, performing the work of and providing daily supervision to the Stations & Facilities Maintenance Department engaged in the operational maintenance of the buildings and grounds of Caltrain. This is accomplished through the Maintenance Plan and by scheduling, supervising, and performing routine and assigned work including but not limited to: preventative maintenance and repair work on building systems, event set up support, and labor support for other departments. This position is part of the Engineering Maintenance of Way Department and reports to the Deputy General Manager, Maintenance of Way. The ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks and requests and meet deadlines in a professional manner is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This is a non-exhaustive of the job duties for this position.
- Plan, supervise, and direct the work of agreement covered personnel engaged in day-to-day
- maintenance of buildings and building systems, may provide custodial and event
- Establish and maintain the key and lock program, ensure all locks are maintained
- and operate correctly
- Maintain, and use CMMS work order system
- Assist and verify pest control program
- Prioritize work, set work standards and inspect work in progress and upon
- completion for completeness and accuracy
- Determine maintenance needs of facility equipment, arrange for storage of
- materials and equipment used in work, and implement maintenance and grounds
- management systems
- Respond to off hours critical calls to resolve facility issues, carry the emergency
- contact phone.
- Coordinate maintenance and grounds activities with other departmental
- supervisors and contractors
- Provide labor assistance to various craft workers
- Maintain routine records and prepare reports
- Supervise Maintenance Department employees in accord with TASI policies
- and applicable laws, including training, assigning and directing work, performance evaluation, rewarding and disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Perform the work of lower-level Positions as needed
- Assist in managing departmental budgets
- Assist with implementing preventative maintenance programs
- Coordinate and direct office moves
- Assist and coordinate the work of vendors
- Foster a respectful, collaborative work environment with coworkers, other
- departments, and vendors
- Order supplies, materials, and equipment
- Use databases and scheduled meetings to identify, communicate, and plan
- workload including scheduling, implementation, equipment, and inventory needs for routine and event-specific tasks
- Resolve scheduling, implementation, equipment, and inventory issues
- Step in for other maintenance workers as needed in urgent circumstances
- Attend staff and management meetings as needed
- Establish schedules and methods for providing facility maintenance services and identify resource needs.
- Review needs with appropriate management staff; allocate resources accordingly.
- Participate in the development of goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures; make recommendations for changes and improvements to existing standards, policies, and procedures.
- Participate in the implementation of approved policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Awareness of new trends and developments in the field of facility maintenance; incorporate new developments as appropriate into programs.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality are a requirement for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four years of increasingly responsible facility maintenance experience including some lead supervisory experience.
- Two years of college level course work in business, management, engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- Possession of an appropriate, valid California driver’s license.
- Facility Maintenance Professional or other relevant certification.
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities.
- Knowledge of operations, services, and activities of a building maintenance, repair, and construction program.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, terminology, equipment and tools used in the maintenance, repair, and construction of building structures and systems including those used in performing rough and finished carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical, mechanical, and painting work.
- Principles of supervision, training, and performance evaluation.
- Familiarity with BMWE Labor Agreement.
- Basic principles and practices of budget preparation and administration.
- Knowledge of equipment, tools and materials used in facility maintenance activities.
- Construction and project management principles.
- Principles and practices of safety management.
- Office procedures, methods, and equipment including computers and applicable software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Pertinent local, state and federal laws, ordinances, codes, and rules.
- Read and understand construction drawings, plans and specifications.
- Organize, implement and direct facility maintenance operations and activities.
- Supervise, train and evaluate assigned staff.
- Interpret and explain pertinent department policies and procedures.
- Develop cost estimates for supplies and equipment.
- Perform the most complex maintenance duties and operate related equipment.
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy with the public.
- Develop and recommend systems and procedures related to assigned operations.
- Operate office equipment including computers and supporting word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Subject to pre-employment background check and motor vehicle report review.
- Subject to pre-employment physical, medical evaluation, and drug screen due to the safety sensitive nature of this position.
- Successfully complete and maintain any required safety certification and testing on an annual basis.
- Herzog is nationally recognized for its excellent corporate safety record which results from all employees at all levels, in all positions adhering to established policies and procedures. Reporting any and all safety violations to your immediate supervisor is a prerequisite for continued employment. Safety diligence by all results in a safe work environment for all.
- Herzog offers a robust benefits package including medical and dental coverage. The plans are specific to projects and locations.
Click Here To Apply