General Position Description:
The Radiologic Technologist (X-Ray Technologist, X-Ray Tech) is responsible for performing all Radiology services and other clinical duties. In addition, ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practitioners, front office and clinical staff.
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Utilizes genuine and positive communication to, make each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the QUICKmed environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clinical duties are performed in accordance with the ‘Clinical Functions by Position’ State document and according to onsite Provider direction and supervision.
- Perform accurate x-rays as ordered by the Provider while practicing radiation safety precautions to include ALARA.
- Prepare and transmit images to the Radiologist for over-read, and report over-read results to providers.
- Retrieve and archive Radiographic Reports.
- Create/Burn CD’s in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- At the direction of the Provider, completes orders per clinical functions by position. (State applicable)
- Perform detailed and accurate data collection during clinical intake of patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history.
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam prep, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals.
- Apply the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Ensure the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff.
- Complete patient referrals daily.
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures.
- Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by QUICKmed.
- Maintains HIPAA at all times.
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
Learning and Ongoing Education:
- Obtain and maintain certification to perform DOT UDS, BAT, hair testing, and other occupational health services as assigned.
- Maintain clinical skills and competency for all procedures.
- Maintain technical skills and apply new knowledge to position according to QUICKmed policy.
- Maintain knowledge of Medical Terminology and standards of care.
- Maintain knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Read and keep up-to-date on all ME Communications.
- Complete all assigned training.
- Documentation of competency is required for all role appropriate procedures, in addition to State specific licensure or certification as applicable.
Center Readiness and Maintenance:
- Maintaining Quality Assurance of the radiology equipment and completion of Quality Control logs.
- Assist in maintaining all quality control, clinic inspection, and machine maintenance on a daily basis and report any and all discrepancies appropriately.
- Manage inventory of supplies; restock exam/procedure rooms.
- Comply with requirements of appropriate regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, CLIA and Department of Health).
- Maintain and comply with all QUICKmed site assessment requirements.
- Maintain clinical supplies and equipment and ensure proper storage of biohazards.
- Prepare patient rooms, set up instruments and equipment according to protocol.
- Clean exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Clean according to scheduled maintenance program and keeping appropriate records.
- Work collaboratively with Area Clinical Leadership to complete administrative assignments, as time allows and knowledge base supports, such as chart audits, supply inventory, quality assurance assessment, etc.
- Clinical Operations Managers and Directors.
- Center Manager, center staffed based team-members including providers and non-providers.
- Administrative clinical partners.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $22.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Urgent Care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Quickmed Urgent Care is an active COVID-19 testing site. We have proper PPE and protocols in place to keep all employees and patients safe.
- Medical Imaging: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- ARRT Certification (Preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply