Client Phleb-IOP Area 9
This position is located at an IOP. This position is responsible for the collection and receipt of biological specimens into the department, their proper entry into the company’s computer system, the preparation of samples for analytical testing and/or the distribution of these specimens to the proper analytical area. This includes responsibility for pre and post aspects of analytical testing. This position will also perform specified analytical testing as assigned.
1. To include the following: 1) specimen collection 2) Manage client relationship within Compliance regulations to ensure that their needs are met and Sonora Quest’s business objectives are satisfied 3) general laboratory specimen processing or 4) referral laboratory processing. In doing so, ensuring correct patient and specimen identification and specimen integrity by using appropriate techniques for all age criteria as required. Only staff with a high school diploma or GED may perform any specified analytical testing, i.e. Point of Care testing.
2. Enters and verifies patient demographics, location, physician data, tests requested, time and date of collection, appropriate clinical information, and all other pertinent data found on requisitions as required for processing and billing. Verifies accuracy of entered information. Verifies appropriateness of specimens received. Aliquots and labels specimens according to established departmental procedures and practices, delivers specimens to the technical area in a timely manner and / or performs initial processing and preparation of samples for transport. Level II will assist lead in monitoring workflow and training of new employees
3. Focuses on quality by assuring that all work performed is accurate and complete. Completes documents legibly and accurately per site protocol. Follows established methods and practices. Maintains familiarity with departmental procedures. Uses appropriate documentation to record communications. Communicate courteously and professionally and responds accordingly. Initiates computer generated reports as required for patient reporting and quality assurance monitoring. Meets departmental standards for productivity and quality as currently defined. Level II will have knowledge of more computer functions, i.e. A.R.E. Actively participates in input to dept/system via committees or Six Sigma teams. Maintains acceptable specimen rejection rates and meets the departmental standards for productivity and quality as currently defined.
4. Participates in departmental financial responsibilities through the appropriate use of supplies and materials. Avoids excessive waste. Participates in department initiatives to reduce costs and improve service. Basic knowledge of billing. Commitment to error free work environment.
5. Communicates courteously and professionally with internal and external customers. Interacts with co-workers with an emphasis on teamwork and a focus on customer service. All employees must be able to work all areas/departments/shifts as assigned. Resolves basic service issues. Attends meetings and remains current with internal/external communications, i.e. e-mail, newsletters, etc. Increased knowledge of laboratory terminology.
6. Acknowledges and understands the importance of ‘Patient Rights’ and privacy (HIPAA). Promotes, supports and exhibits behavior consistent with the Mission, Vision, and Values of Laboratory Sciences of Arizona and customer-focused care.
- Minimum age requirement of 18.
- Must be a high school graduate, or have achieved equivalency through the GED exam.
- Good reading, writing and math abilities are required.
- Good organizational skills are also required.
- Basic knowledge of department resource materials.
- Previous experience of at least six months in a clinical laboratory setting.
- Phlebotomy positions may substitute completion of a phlebotomy school for experience.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Requires execution of “Confidential Information and Restrictive Covenant Agreement”.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
Click Here To Apply