Medical office seeking dedicated , motivated part time medical biller/receptionist.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Data entry of patient, demographic, guarantor and insurance information, posting insurance/patient payments and balance to daily deposits.
- Check eligibility and benefit verification.
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information.
- Prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines.
- Effective communication skills in following up verbally and in writing on unpaid claims and call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payment and or denied claims in order to get claim paid.
- Check each insurance payment for accuracy. Research and resolve payment discrepancies
- Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Create and manage monthly aging report to ensure timely payment.
- Proficiency with Electronic Medical Records (EMR).
- Basic understanding of ICD 10 and CPT coding and familiarity with medical terminology.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service skills including answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to patient’s accounts including collections.Answer phones.
- Must be willing to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work courteously with fellow employees, clients and patients.
- checking in patients, scheduling appointments, documents processing and filing.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associates degree or 2 years of college preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, word & excel.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Billing & medical office experience preferred.
- Course work completed in medical billing and coding. Certified in Medical Billing preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Candidates enrolled in an accredited medical billing program may also apply.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
- Flexible schedule
All employees are required to wear masks, social distance and frequent disinfection.
- ICD-10: 1 year (Preferred)
- CPT Coding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Billing: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply