Athena Health Care Systems, based in Connecticut, has been a leader in providing quality health care services since 1984. With nursing homes throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts and Rhode Island, Athena has been recognized as one of the largest managers of skilled nursing facilities. By enhancing the quality of life and quality of our environments, we have made our managed facilities a better place for our residents to live and a better place for employees to work.
Crestfield Manor offers the highest quality of senior living care along with rehabilitation and hospice care. Our staff of highly trained professionals are devoted to providing our residents with the utmost dignity, compassion, and respect. As a part of Athena Health Care Systems, we are a leader in providing the highest quality of health care to our patients and their families.
Role: Infection Control Nurse
(EXCELLENT BENEFITS, PAY SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL & EMPLOYEE CONTRIBUTION PLAN AS LOW AS $12.00 FOR SINGLE & $39.00 PER FAMILY)
SHIFT STATUS: 40 hours
Purpose of the position: The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, coordinate and direct the Infection Control Program and its activities in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern such programs and as may be direct by the Administrator and Infection Control Committee.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive Infection Control Program.
- Communicate with the Infection Control Committee
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive documentation relating to Infection Control.
- Maintain updated community awareness of potentially threatening infections.
- Pro-active in the prevention of skin breakdown.
- Effectively educate all employees on Infection Control Policies/Procedures.
- Responsible for wound rounds, documentation and audits.
Must have a current, unencumbered license to practice as an RN in this state.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must possess accurate and comprehensive assessment skills to ensure standards of nursing practice.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to appropriate personnel regarding emergency situations.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long term care.
Compensation and Benefits Package:
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive and generous benefits package, which includes paid time off, health, dental, and 401K. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- long term care: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- RN (Required)
- CPR (Required)
- Nursing home
- Nurses wear own scrubs
Click Here To Apply