Our team offers years of practical experience in disciplines such as evaluation strategy, cross-sector partnerships, mixed-methods evaluations, philanthropic services, nonprofit operations and management, and strategic communications. And we aspire to bring on team members who offer content knowledge, strategic insights, and passion from fields as varied as postsecondary education, economic security, health, leadership, community development, and human capital.
This is a full-time position providing support across multiple projects. The successful candidate will have a deep commitment to Equal Measure’s mission of elevating insights that help shape powerful investments and fuel sustainable social change. The individual will be a self-starter with strong analytic writing skills, a tangible background in mixed-methods evaluation, and one to three years of evaluation and research experience.
*When applying, a tailored cover letter that speaks specifically to your skills alignment with this position and organization, along with your resume or C.V., is required*
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Equal Measure is deeply interested in, and committed to, diversity along racial, ethnic, and gender lines. We are actively seeking an individual who can offer broader perspectives to our organizational thinking and culture and, as such, especially encourage people of color and minorities to apply.
- Provide support in preparing and writing proposals, memos, Issue Briefs, presentations, and reports (including conducting literature searches; synthesize findings; prepare figures, charts, and tables; and fact-checking and documentation)
- Clean, merge, and prepare data files for analysis; review and analyze qualitative data; conduct statistical analyses
- Develop quantitative and qualitative data collection tools, including participant and organizational surveys, and interview and focus group protocols
- Participate as an active member of organizational committees and contribute to thought leadership and organizational development
- Provide general project support, including scheduling meetings and coordinating data collection activities
- Engage with clients and other stakeholders
- Travel for projects (20-25%). Travel is currently suspended due to COVID-19 and will resume at a future date dependent on the implications of COVID-19
- Ability to set priorities and effectively manage multiple tasks and project activities
- Ability to take initiative; work closely with team members to establish collaborative interpersonal relationships; and contribute to overall project and organizational goals
- Ability to travel nationally, as needed
- Adept in working with a variety of technology platforms, including project management and tracking systems
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft applications; Internet research; qualitative data analysis software, such as NVivo; survey platforms, such as Qualtrics, SurveyMonkey, or QuestionPro; and statistical programming languages, such as SAS, SPSS, Stata, or R
- At least one to three years of applied experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods, including: Knowledge of design methods in the social sciences; Experience conducting qualitative research, including participatory evaluation, thematic analysis, case study, and meta-analysis; Experience cleaning quantitative data (merging, creating new variables, recoding); and Experience with a variety of quantitative analyses (descriptives, correlations, ANOVA and linear regression)
- Background and interest in one or more of the following areas: community development, education reform, asset building, health, and human services systems, and organizational development
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving capability
- At a minimum, Bachelor’s degree plus 3-5 years of professional work experience required; Master’s degree in social sciences plus at least 2 years of professional work experience preferred. (Professional work experience can include post-graduate internships in education, sociology, social work, public administration, statistics, or related fields.)
- Strong ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical writing skills, as well as excellent oral communication skills
The salary range for this position is $53,000-$55,000.
Equal Measure offers a comprehensive employee benefits package designed to increase employee health, security, and wellness. Our benefits program includes: medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage; fully-paid life insurance; short- and long-term disability; a very competitive retirement plan (403B); annual individual bonus; financial counseling; and remote work flexibility, among other offerings.
Please note that Equal Measure employees are currently working remotely until at least the end of March 2021 due to COVID-19. The extension or lifting of this remote work mandate is dependent on the evolution of the COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates will be required to reside within a commutable distance of the Philadelphia region by the time Equal Measure employees are to return to the office.
Salary and Wage: $53,000 – $55,000/year; medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage; fully-paid life insurance; short- and long-term disability; 403B retirement plan; annual individual bonus
Click Here To Apply