This is very responsible professional civil engineering work of an advanced level, involving supervision over water/wastewater utilities, drainage and transportation projects, including the planning, investigation, location, design and construction of municipal engineering and public works projects. Work involves advanced application of engineering skills and knowledge to perform difficult projects; and lead supervisory responsibility over other technical and professional employees assigned to specific projects. Work requires the exercise of considerable judgment and initiative; the application of professional engineering knowledge in evaluating the cost effectiveness, safety and practicality of construction methods; and providing technical support for all activities, such as preparation of plans, specifications and technical reports.
Salary: $68,746 – $111,252
Close Date: Open Until Filled
Minimum Qualifications. Applicants must:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in civil engineering.
- Possess and maintain a State of Florida Professional Engineer License.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years as a practicing engineer -or- have a minimum of four (4) years as a practicing engineer and a Master’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver License.
- Be able to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Have considerable knowledge of modern engineering methods and techniques as applied to the design, construction and maintenance of utility, drainage, water/wastewater infrastructure and/or transportation infrastructure, cost analysis, and project scheduling.
- Have knowledge of the principles, techniques and practices of civil engineering construction and design.
- Be skilled in the use of a personal computer and computer software including: 1) Microsoft Word and Excel to prepare reports, analyses and studies, and 2) the latest Civil 3D application.
- Be able to plan, assign and supervise the work of any assigned professional and technical employees.
- Desirable Qualifications. Preferred applicants:
- Are able to gather, organize, interpret and compile relevant engineering information and data to provide a basis for sound decision making.
- Are able to perform analyses and modeling of storm water systems using ICPR for evaluation and design.
- Are able to perform error-free advanced mathematical calculations such as trigonometry and calculus.
- Are skilled in technical writing, engineering cost analysis and project scheduling.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
For purposes of employment, re-employment, promotion, transfer or demotion, the most qualified applicants will be selected to continue in the hiring process. At this point, any prior criminal records will be verified. A prior criminal record will not necessarily disqualify a selected applicant from employment.
The City of St. Petersburg is committed to a Drug Free Workplace and compliance with the Department of Transportation (DOT) drug testing rules. Applicants may be required to successfully complete pre-employment drug testing and/or medical exams.
How To Apply
Apply online at www.stpete.org/jobs – Select Apply for Jobs/Register/View Job Postings. City employees must use the Current City Employee link or use a City computer to access iRecruitment Employee Candidate. The City of St. Petersburg is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunity employment, and encourages individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply for posted positions. In accordance with Chapter 295 of the Florida Statutes, qualified servicemembers/veterans and the spouses/family members of certain servicemembers/veterans receive preference/priority in employment. Eligible applicants are responsible to apply for Veterans’ Preference at the time of submission of any job application. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities to apply, to interview for positions and to perform the essential job functions.
Click Here To Apply