A licensed professional nurse directly under the supervision of the Director of Nursing Services. The RN Supervisor is to assist the planning, organizing, developing and directing of nursing service to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care can be maintained at all times.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current nursing licensure in the state in which practicing.
- At least one year of experience in supervision.
- Strong qualities of leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English through both speech and writing.
- Possess mental, emotional and physical health.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: GENERAL
- Assure that residents have a clean, safe, orderly and comfortable environment.
- Initiate resident Plans of Care on admission.
- Assist in implementing recommendations from consultants and the Quality Assurance team as directed
by the Director of Nursing Services.
- Assist in developing, reviewing, revising an updating resident Plans of Care for individual residents.
- Ensure that notification is given to the resident’s attending/alternate physician, as well as the resident’s
legal guardian/representative, when the resident becomes critically ill, injured, etc., or has a significant
change in condition as outlined within our established policies.
- Review complaints and grievances form families and notify the Director of Nursing Services as
- Evaluate emergencies and assist in implementing emergency measures.
- Assure that the unit area is maintained in a clean and safe manner for resident comfort and convenience,
by ensuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained to perform nursing care.
- Assist in notification of physician of any resident incidents/unusual occurrences. Ensure that the
Accident/Incident Report forms are filled out and completed on all such occurrences and such information charted in the resident’s medical record as outlined in our established policies and procedures.
- Assist the Charge Nurse on investigation of alleged abuse or unusual occurrence as outlined within our established policies and procedures.
- Start and monitor intravenous medication as ordered.
- Assist the Charge Nurse and other nursing personnel in performing nursing procedures as necessary.
- Assist the Charge Nurse in admitting, transferring and discharging residents.
- Assist in correcting findings and deficiencies from the Department of Health Services, Consultants, and
the Quality Assurance Team. RN SUPERVISOR – Cont’d.
Job Descriptions Manual
- Assist in completing restraint assessments, pain assessments, oral assessments, psychotropic assessments, bowel and bladder assessments and I & O weekly evaluations.
- Assure that all nurse’s notes are charted in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the are provided as well as the resident’s response to the care.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and in-service classes.
- Others as may become necessary and appropriate or as may be directed by the Director of Nursing
Services or Administrator.
- Make resident rounds to ensure appropriate care is being rendered, identifying and making corrections as necessary.
- Meet with nursing personnel to assist in identifying and correcting problem areas and/or the improvement of resident care.
- Assist in making rounds with the attending physician as necessary.
- Assist the Charge Nurse in revision and distribution of assignments in case of nursing shortage.
- Assist in the supervision and direction of nursing personnel.
- Participate in disciplinary action and evaluation of nursing personnel.
- Presents professional image to consumers through dress, behavior and speech.
- Adheres to Company standards for resolving consumer concerns.
- Ensures that all resident rights are protected.
933 E. Deodar St, Ontario, CA 91764
Click Here To Apply