Familia Dental was established in 2008 and has grown rapidly because of our quality dentistry and our caring, compassionate approach to all people. Our practice exemplifies the core values of quality, honesty, and care in everything that we do.
We are looking for skilled, motivated dental professionals to join our team.
Familia Dental offers:
- Competitive wages
- Benefits Including: Health, Dental, Vision, 2 WKS PTO, 3 Sick Days and 6 paid Holidays
- A teamwork-oriented environment
- An open communication policy
To effectively and efficiently oversee the entire operation of a dental practice. The Office Manager works with the Dentists and Staff to provide excellent patient care and customer service to patients of the practice. The Office Manager is also responsible for all operational activities within the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Office Manager performs many tasks requiring both interpersonal and technical skills. Although state regulations vary, responsibilities may include:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, develop, and mentor office staff (dental assistants and dental receptionists)
- Schedule office staff to provide excellent patient care and customer service. Scheduling levels are based on patient volume and minimum coverage levels.
- Coordinate all aspects of patients’ dental care by monitoring patient flow and overseeing the work of office staff.
- Explains financing options and payment plans to patients.
- Works closely with the doctors assigned to the office to coordinate patient care and to address employee training needs.
- Understand and explain insurance benefits and financial options in non-clinical terms.
- Maintain a neat and organized work space. Assures all lab cases are organized and patients are scheduled for follow-up visits.
- Protect confidentiality of patient information.
- Follows and enforces adherence to established policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Hears and resolves complaints/concerns from patients and employees.
- Investigates and closes all Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs)
- Conducts performance reviews for all staff employees.
- Conducts meetings with staff to assure everyone is aware of goals and any changes/additions to policies and procedures.
- Conducts morning huddles, chart reviews and regular office meetings to keep staff informed of daily/weekly goals and any changes or new requirements in policies and/or procedures.
- Responsible for inventory management of tools, instruments, and supplies. May delegate this responsibility to staff members such as Lead Dental Assistant, Lead Front Desk Receptionist or Patient Care Coordinator.
- Meets or exceeds monthly operational goals, including, but not limited to, driving patient volume and maintaining the accuracy of patient information and insurance submissions.
- May assist front desk staff with patient check-in and follow-up.
- Addresses all maintenance and housekeeping issues as needed.
- Understand and follow HIPAA regulations and maintain confidentiality.
- Understand and follow state and Federal OSHA laws, infection control, safety standards in the dental office.
- Learn and follow Familia Dental’s administrative and operational procedures.
- Review and follow Employee Handbook to ensure consistent standards.
- Maintain professional working environment within office team.
- Provides periodic reporting to Corporate Office.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent customer/patient service and verbal communication skills. Previous dental office or healthcare experience is preferred, but not required.
- Previous management experience supervising 10 – 15 employees is required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand information and effectively present information one-on-one with patients.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out details written or verbally instructed.
- Basic computer knowledge and experience with dental management software experience. EagleSoft experience is preferred.
- Ability to work in fast paced, patient-focused environment.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Interpersonal skills. Sometimes patients are in pain and/or mental stress. The Office Manager should be patient and sensitive to patient emotions.
- Listening skills. The Office Manager must be able to listen to patients and employees and work to resolve questions/concerns.
- Organizational skills. The Office Manager should have excellent organizational skills; insure all record keeping and regulatory requirements are fully and accurately completed. The Office Manager may need to handle multiple, competing priorities.
Qualifications (Experience, Education, License, Certification)
- Previous dental office experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor Degree is preferred, but consideration will be given to candidates with comparable work experience.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
- Requires excellent customer service skills.
Click Here To Apply