Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our Irving,TX location currently has an opportunity for an Associate Software Engineer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- This position will help develop robotics control and scheduling applications used in a laboratory environment, automating the testing of donor blood and plasma. The candidate will gain experience in motion control and fluidics, utilizing servos and stepper motors to physically move mechanisms into position and valves and pumps to process fluids.
- Will contribute to the design and development of embedded robotic control software (utilizing state-charts and event-driven algorithms) under a disciplined product development process that meets FDA and other regulatory requirements.
- Will work on software design, coding, and validation utilizing current programming languages (e.g. C, C++).
- Will support formal verification and validation testing, and ensure that development conforms to design specifications and coding standards.
- Work as part of a cross functional team to realize subsystem designs, assisting in the preparation of software design requirements and documenting work products via software design descriptions, design reviews, code reviews, unit testing, and formal verification.
- Assist in investigation of on-market issues and identification of corrections.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Associate Degree
- 1 year of experience
- Bachelors in Electrical or Computer Science or related engineering or scientific field.
- Good knowledge of software engineering principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Experience with unit testing and mocking environments, (Google Unit Test, Google Mock, etc)
- Experience with RTOS based applications (QNX, etc) and inter-process communications
- Solid understanding of C++
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
Click Here To Apply