The Assistant Manager will be responsible for assisting in the oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience as well as a financially successful club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in recruiting, hiring, training and developing a high performing staff consisting of Member Service Representatives, Trainers and Custodians.
- Assist in maintaining a welcoming atmosphere for all members, prospective members and guests and ensuring staff follows superior customer service guidelines.
- Assist with Staff Management and provide backup support to Club Manager as needed.
- Assist in scheduling and supervising staff.
- Member service oversight – Ensuring staff is providing a superior customer experience at all times.
- Assist in resolving or escalating employee issues or concerns.
Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
Assist in overseeing cleanliness and maintenance of facility.
Assist in ordering of supplies using specific budget based on club requirements.
Assist in tracking statistics and reports (weekly, monthly, and annually).
Backup support for any employee who is absent.
- Must have a satisfactory background check
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness industry.
- Experience working as an Assistant Manager at Planet Fitness.
- Exceptional leadership, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
Planet Fit Indy 10 LLC offers a comprehensive benefits program to all eligible employees. Newly hired full-time employees are eligible for insurance first of the month following their date of hire. We offer Medical & Prescription drug plans, HSA (Health Savings Account) Dental, Vison, Life/AD&D, Voluntary Short Term Disability (STD), Voluntary Long Term Disability (LTD), and other additional voluntary benefits! All part-time and full-time employees are eligible to participate in our 401k plan after 3 months of service.
Click Here To Apply