Architect that independently performs a variety of assignments requiring skills in all conventional aspects of architectural designs. Responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned project, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions that best meet the client’s needs. Oversees the development of the design of a project in collaboration with Chief Design Officer, along with the production of the construction documents and oversight of the construction administration of the project when required. The position will require the candidate to carry out complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures. This individual will display passion to play an important role in the development of future healthcare, research and educational environments and become an integral part of the Art + Design Institute.
- Responsible control and leadership of projects from instigation through to post occupancy studies.
- Ensures high quality, innovative and functional design to meet the program efficiently and elegantly preparing and developing the design/building program in collaboration with the project owner.
- Produce and document each design stage, including but not limited to Concept, Scheme and Detailed Design or design intent, project specifications including building materials in collaboration with other members of the design team.
- Lead and manage the overall design on projects; while directing the overall project design team, reviewing work of consulting designers, architects and engineers and provides guidance on developing CC and other design concepts.
- Liaise with cost consultants, project managers and construction teams to ensure timely and effective delivery of the project to schedule and budget.
- Establish and manage a change-control and time-management process for each project
- Specify required mock-ups, prototypes and pre-construction inspections required for each project.
- Make regular site visits to check project status, inspect and report on execution of the work and advise of any deviations from the construction documents.
- Develops conceptual and schematic design architectural plans, massing and renderings for projects, prepares the renderings and drawings for further development.
- Develops CC design studies, space and design standards, post occupancy evaluations, and other means and/or metrics to advance CC planning and design capability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, design, healthcare planning, industrial engineering or other applicable field is required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Licensed Architect – National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) – National Council for Examiners of Engineering and Surveying required.
- Certification(s) in design preferred.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) through the US Green Building Council and/or Evidence-Based Design Accreditation and Certification (EDAC) through the Center for Health Design preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to express ideas and designs through hand drawing, physical model-making and computer aided drawing/design techniques.
- A strong imagination, knowledge and the ability to think, create and document in three dimensions using visual awareness and attention to detail with a strong knowledge and interest in both healthcare and architecture generally, including architecture and design related to healthcare, research, education, hospitality and infrastructure architecture.
- Assembly and development of factual and graphic presentations for wider project communication and approvals and further development, working with other staff and CC facility users to determine space, functional needs, equipment, and utility requirements.
- Ability to effectively collaborate and communication with a wide variety of project stakeholders both internal and external to the organization, including patients, caregivers, leadership, philanthropic donors and consultants.
- Good knowledge of building products, construction details, relevant rules, regulations, quality and safety standards and continuous development of professional skills to remain fully skilled in current and emerging design and design software techniques, staying informed of reference projects, developments relating to the architectural profession, materials research and design advancements.
- Minimum 5 years of architecture and design experience of a broad variety of project scales required.
- Strong proficiency in Enscape, Revit, AutoCAD, InDesign, Adobe Creative Suites, and Microsoft Products (Excel, Word, PPT) and parametric design.
- Knowledge of architecture and healthcare planning design in order to develop practical design solutions based off programming and planning concepts.
- Varied design and production experience with a variety of building types across a range of geographic locations.
- The ability to conceptualize space, understand operations and work flow.
- Analyze multi-dimensional problems, form and volumetric data.
- Ability to work with employees, interdepartmental teams, and organizational leadership across the enterprise to effectively complete goals.
- Typical physical demands include a high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a PC, normal and corrected vision, extensive sitting and frequent walking, occasionally lifting or carrying 5 to 15 pounds.
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time to perform site inspections of construction and renovation projects.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Click Here To Apply