Northway Biotech is a flexible biologics CDMO headquartered in the EU member state of Lithuania, a fast-growing biotech hub with a state-subsidized university system that supports a highly-educated scientific workforce (https://www.northwaybiotech.com). For more than 15 years, we have served more than 70 clients worldwide and have completed more than 100 projects. Now we are expanding our business in the US with a state-of-the-art new process development and manufacturing facility currently being constructed in Waltham, MA.
Our global teams based in the US and Europe are exceptionally well-versed in all aspects of the biopharmaceutical value chain, from cell line development to commercial production and aseptic fill-finish. We are deeply invested in providing high quality, world-class CDMO services and long-term partnerships based on our blend of experience and openly collaborative project teams. We are excited to have you joining our team to provide excellent services to our clients.
- Perform hands-on execution of all aspects of cell culture and primary recovery activities to develop scalable and robust upstream processes.
- Prepare reagents, components, media, buffers and other solutions. Maintain equipment and raw materials/consumables inventory to ensure smooth operation.
- Perform analytical methods to monitor cell growth and metabolites, and analyze productivity of cultures.
- Support upstream process development activities including clone selection, technology development, media development, and process optimization studies.
- Coordinate with cross-functional departments on various projects.
- Interpret data and contribute to technical reports.
- Identify technical issues and implement solutions.
- Ensure high-quality, timely documentation in laboratory notebooks and technical reports.
- BS/MS in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, Biotechnology or related discipline required.
- Must have 5 – 10 years’ upstream development experience.
- Demonstrated experience in aseptic technique, cell cultures in shake flasks and/or bioreactors, and routine monitoring (e.g. cell counts, metabolic measurements, etc.).
- Knowledge of cell culture process steps (cell banking, thaw, expansion, production and harvest), scale-up and engineering principles.
- Familiarity with high through-put cell culture systems is highly desirable.
- Experience with DOE methodology for process development and optimization is a plus.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Strong collaboration, team-working, documentation, and communication skills.
- Independently motivated and detail-oriented with good problem-solving ability.
- Must be able to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent benefits including comprehensive medical coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Northway Biotech is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer
If interested, please provide a resume or CV to be considered with the position applied for stated in the email subject header
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Biochemistry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Laboratory Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply