Responsible for accurately obtaining benefits from insurance companies for upcoming services. Provides accurate estimate for patient out of pocket expenses. Submits and follows up on insurance authorization requests. Financially clears the patient for upcoming services.
- Obtains benefits, creates estimates for patient out of pocket, submits authorizations for mid level specialty services if required.
- Investigates insurance coverage and demographics
- Follows up on submitted authorizations, notates authorization in appropriate area in Epic.
- Answers Insurance Verification Helpline and solves insurance issues for patients, physicians, and departments.
- Updates referral statuses and collection efforts in Epic.
- Contacts patient to collect out of pocket expenses.
- Contacts departments regarding missing clinical information if required by insurance company.
- Contacts PCP offices to obtain referrals.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Click Here To Apply