“I enjoy helping people, whatever their illness may be. I can actually say I have accomplished something to make that patient feel special on their last days on this earth, especially when they look at you and smile.”
-Susan Wood, Hospice Aide
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families facing the end of life. As a Hospice Aide, you become more than clinical support to the patient; you become an integral part of the family’s experience. For many of our team members, this is more than a career — it’s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of patients and families? Join our team today as a Hospice Aide to positively impact the experience of our patients and families.
As a Hospice Aide, you will provide personal care, supportive services, education, and light household duties in a plan of care developed by the Registered Nurse Case Manager. You will communicate and track changes to reflect assigned duties set by the RN while working with the entire Inter-Disciplinary Team.
- Provide patients the attention needed to create a sanitary and orderly environment
- Assist with personal care including bathing, nail and skin care, oral hygiene, and toileting
- Communicate identified needs and potential solutions to the interdisciplinary team
- Take vital signs
- Participate in staff meetings, educational programs and community events
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to apply sound or good judgment to carry out instructions
- High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information
- Valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance
Education, Experience and Certifications
High school diploma or general education degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Vital Signs Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNA (Preferred)
Company’s Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply