It’s your lucky day! Orchid Cove of Sarasota is currently seeking an outstanding RN Supervisor to work our 7-3 and 3-11 shift. The position is weekend/doubles. Want to be a part of a dynamic team? Apply now!
Responsible for supervision of the delivery of care to residents. Assess resident needs, develop care plans, administer nursing care, evaluate nursing care, and supervise CNA’s and other personnel in the delivery of nursing care.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below, and be able to work in the described environment.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
- Complete assessments of residents at admission and discharge.
- Supervise nursing staff assigned.
- Document services rendered to residents for billing purposes.
- Write admission notes or evaluate admission notes and chart additional essential information.
- Identify and prioritize primary nursing problems.
- Develop care plan addressing immediate nursing problems.
- Make daily rounds to monitor resident care and status or residents.
- Implement care plans for residents in compliance with physician’s orders.
- Implement established nursing policies and procedures, educating nursing support staff according to facility guidelines.
- Notify resident or legal representative of pending discharge twenty four (24) hours in advance.
- On date of discharge, chart complete discharge summary, to include discharge planning and referrals.
- Keep complete and accurate record of sign in/out sheets for staffing hours.
- Assign duties to LPN’s and nursing assistants, as directed.
- Work closely with the Director of Nursing in resolving grievances with nursing staff, family members, and residents.
- Promote favorable working conditions and relationships with the administration, medical staff, consultants, other departments, residents, family members, volunteers, agencies, and any other individual or group affiliated with the facility.
- Handle and report disciplinary action that requires immediate attention during your tour of duty in the absence of the Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing and Administrator.
- Review charting on a weekly basis for accuracy and completeness. Document in resident’s chart pertinent information about significant change in resident’s condition.
- Maintain a safe working environment, complying with infection control and body mechanic procedures.
- Respond to need for staffing shortages by arranging for replacement staff.
- Track infection control, exposure control, and resident care trends to provide proactive improvement. Identify areas of concern and offer recommendations and suggestions to the Director of Nursing.
- Inform Central Supply of any supplies that are needed.
· Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
- Registered Nurse with current state license.
- One (1) to three (3) years related experience; supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have a current/active CPR certification.
- Excellent technical, assessment and documentation skills.
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet navigation.
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with employees and vendors.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Nursing Management: 3 years (Required)
- RN (Required)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply