Great Lakes Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Rehabilitation Technician to join our team. CNA preferred.
Rehabilitation Technicians work as part of a team to provide assistance to the therapy department. The Rehabilitation Technician performs routine activities to support the provision of patient services and therapy department operations. Major duties may include patient transport, preparation for patient visits, organizing clinic, maintaining supply/equipment inventory, scheduling, and assisting therapists/staff. The Rehab tech may be responsible for assisting in departmental communications which may include attendance at meetings and communicating with nursing staff. Additional duties may be assigned by the facility Therapy Director.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Rehab Technician is responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Assist therapists in maintaining rehab department
- Verify client information; set up files/insurance for therapists
- Attend meetings with therapists and facility staff
- Liaison between facility and rehab department
- Maintain confidentiality of all medical record, facility, and rehab related information
- Keep supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt
- Review and adhere to the policies and procedures outlined by the facility and CommuniCare Rehabilitation, Inc.
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School graduate or GED equivalent.
- CNA Preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions (Rehab software, word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, etc.)
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, “to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others.” Through this effort we create “Caring Communities” where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.
2300 Great Lakes Drive, Dyer, IN 46311-1917
Click Here To Apply