We are currently hiring Part time days, and Part time eves!
Come join an amazing team in a small setting of 20-24 residents!
The Resident Assistant is responsible for providing the hands on care, both physical and emotional, as outlined in each resident’s service agreement. The RA supports the residents by assisting in the dining room and participating in activities and outings. The RA is responsible for effectively communicating with residents, families, and notifying the case manager of any changes in condition or concerns.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist residents with ADL’s (Activities of Daily Living) as identified in the service plan. These cares may include all or some of the following: assisting with dressing, grooming and oral cares; shampooing of hair; assisting with showering or bathing; rubbing with lotions; fingernail cares and foot cares if instructed by an RN; redirection of confused client, and other cares as assigned.
- Assisting the client with use of the commode, urinal, or toilet and with adult incontinence products as assigned.
- Assisting with ambulation and transfers, including proper use of a transfer belt and assistive devices and proper body mechanics to avoid injury.
- Assist in use of hearing aids and glasses for residents.
- Help each resident to reach and maintain the highest level of performance and independence.
- Provide residents with both physical and emotional support.
- Assist with treatments as delegated by the Registered Nurse per the resident service agreement
- Observe client and report changes in physical and emotional condition such as change in attitude, loss of appetite, weight, etc.
- Take and record temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration as instructed. Report changes or concerns to case manager.
- Assist with activities by encouraging activity participation and escorting residents to scheduled activities
- Participate in activities as assigned
- Interact with residents to provide reassurance, engagement, and redirection as appropriate.
- Answer all pendant calls promptly and take appropriate action.
- Communicate resident information to the case manager verbally and through the daily log.
- Complete all required documentation daily; service schedule, flow sheet, communication book, etc.
- Attend In-service training as assigned
- Registered as a Nursing Assistant, Home Health Aid or Certified Nursing Assistant preferred.
- Prefer six month experience in long term care or assisted living residence.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to prioritize, and organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Must work as a team member with other personnel.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Must be punctual, with good attendance record.
- Must remain calm in difficult or unusual circumstances.
- Able to make responsible choices and decisions and act in the resident’s best interest.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Able to read, write, spell, do basic math, speak and understand English
Physical Requirements (based on essential responsibilities)
Must be able to frequently perform tasks such as, but not limited to, those listed below:
In an 8 hour workday, employee may stand / walk:
Hours at one time: 0-1
Total hours / day: 1-6
Employee will lift/carry (Max.lbs.):
Frequently: 40 lbs.
Occasionally: 70 lbs.
Height of lift: 3 – 4 feet
Distance of carry: 30 yards
In an 8 hour workday, employee may sit:
Hours at one time: 0-1
Total hours / day: 0-1
Employee will use hands for repetitive:
Simple grasping, pushing and pulling, manipulation
Employee will support / assist: (Maximum lbs.)
Frequently: 100 lbs.
Occasionally: 200 lbs.
Employee should be able to:
Reach: Frequently, 3 feet
The work environment consists of the entire facility including resident’s rooms. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to minimal.
- Inside work while assisting residents.
- Exposure to body fluids, infection, odors, and behaviors that may be aggressive, combative or demanding.
- Minimum exposure to Blood borne Pathogens.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
The work schedule and hours may vary from week to week. The RA will be required to work weekends and holidays and may be required to work beyond the normal schedule.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; additional details will be specified by the supervisor. The employee will also perform other reasonable business duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Management reserves the right to change job responsibilities, duties and hours as needs prevail.
Gentle Touch Health Initiatives is an at-will employer. This job description is a guideline and does not constitute a written or implied employment contract. GTHI is an EO Employer/Vets/Disabled.
Please apply on our website
Search for the position in MANKATO
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.50 – $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Hospice & Palliative Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
In compliance with MDH guidelines, we are taking extra precautions to protect our staff and residents.
Click Here To Apply