Correctional Health Partners (CHP) improves the success of our clients by helping them provide high quality, efficient care for their patients. CHP brings the same effective principles used in the community to correctional healthcare, resulting in satisfied clients and timely, cost-effective patient healthcare services.
We are looking for Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to provide advanced treatment to patients with psychiatric disorders, substance abuse problems and medical-mental conditions. Assess patients’ needs, diagnose patients with mental illnesses, prescribe and administer medications, develop patient treatment plans, and file medical reports. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will obtain medical histories and conduct physical examinations; diagnose, evaluate, treat and manage acute and chronic illnesses; order or perform diagnostic tests and interpret these tests; prescribe medications for acute and chronic illness; and provide some routine immunizations, and conduct follow-up checks of blood pressure, weight and glucose levels.
· MS in Psychiatric NPA
· Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner License is required
· Valid Prescriptive Authority in the State of Maine
· Current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certification
· Must meet Maine Medical Board Rules and Regulations for licensure of and practice by Nurse Practitioners
· Minimum of four (4) years of experience in relevant clinical setting with understanding of psychiatric services in the area of health and psychological assessment, clinical diagnosis, pharmacology, and direct consumer services
· Knowledge of psychotropic medication administration and practice
· Medical expertise consistent with advanced practice nursing
· Ability to obtain and maintain active security clearance at the facility.
Correctional Health Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Part-time
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Click Here To Apply