We’re a people-focused business, and we pride ourselves on the promise to deliver efficient and effective services to our customers. At Sentry, we believe people are our competitive advantage. We strive to attract, train, and motivate our employees to keep Sentry as a market leader in our industry.
As a Participant Services Specialist, you will work on a team that provides information to 401(k) participants on a wide variety of issues including 401(k) website support, processing of plan distributions, loan processing, policy changes, statements and related employee processes.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will initiate transactions and provide a high level of quality customer service to 401(k) participants. Additionally, you’ll:
- Respond to telephone inquiries and other correspondence from 401(k) participants to provide general retirement information.
- Assist customers with navigation of Sentry retirement website, including completion of distribution and transfer requests and retirement readiness calculators.
- Advise and educate participants and employers on processes and regulations surrounding their 401(k) plan such as withdrawals, plan termination, loans and death benefits.
- Work as a team developing procedures, finding efficiencies within current processes, provide recommendation to management to improve processes and train newer associates. As your skills are developed you will be responsible for handling more complex plans & transactions.
- Work in a team atmosphere to assist other 401(k) units with annual service cycle processing.
- Complete various distribution requests accurately, utilizing multiple software programs.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of all transactions and inquiries.
- Research and answer questions regarding contract or plan document items related to 401(k)/Pension Legislation and general tax-related matters affecting qualified retirement plans.
WHAT IT TAKES
- Associate Degree or equivalent business or customer service experience
- Bilingual skills with ability to speak, write and understand Spanish is highly desirable
- Knowledge of PC software applications such as Outlook, Excel and Word is required
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize daily work items, maintain confidentiality and remain organized in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of 401(k), pension and group insurance products is helpful.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers both written and verbally
- Educational courses such as LOMA or ASPPA courses are beneficial
- The ability to work 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. is required to accommodate customers and business needs
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
HOW YOU’LL APPLY
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!
Click Here To Apply