At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: SISW – MG
Job Title: FPGA Prototyping Debug and Runtime Infrastructure Development Engineer – 227451
Job Location: USA – OR – Wilsonville
FPGA Hardware Design Engineer Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis.
In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role. Siemens DISW is the world leader in the Electronic Design Automation (EDA) market.
Our company offers software and hardware design solutions that enable companies to quickly develop leading-edge electronic products by optimizing their costs and performance.
Mentor Graphics was acquired by Siemens in 2017. With the widest range of products in the industry, Mentor Graphics is the only company in the EDA market to offer an integrated software solution. Its subsidiary, based in Wilsonville Oregon, develops proprietary technologies to reduce the time needed to design integrated circuits and SoC (prototyping, validation and debugging).
As part of its development, the company wishes to strengthen the R&D team by integrating a FPGA prototyping debug and runtime infrastructure development engineer.
Position Overview: Exciting opportunity in Mentor’s FPGA Prototyping R&D team. The Wilsonville team focuses on debug infrastructure and hardware platform infrastructure support for Mentor’s FPGA prototyping software system and hardware platform.
As a contributing engineer, you will participate in the design, specification, implementation, test, and maintenance of software and FPGA RTL hardware IP for our products.
Specific technical responsibilities include:
- Design, implementation and maintenance of IP blocks in Verilog
- Validation and testing using simulation and FPGA hardware boards
- Development and testing of related software components RTL synthesis with timing and physical constraints, capacity and performance goals – Specifically, executing Xilinx Vivado and Intel PSG Quartus flows
- Hardware system performance analysis, debug and tuning
- Customer support to ensure smooth deployment of developed features The candidate should be a self-motivated team player who is skilled and productive at quality-oriented and performance-oriented software and hardware engineering. The candidate will work in a world-wide distributed team.
Some periodic travel to R&D or customer sites is expected in future (when Covid-19 pandemic conditions ease).
- BSEE or BSCE
- RTL design with SystemVerilog, Verilog, or VHDL
- ASIC and/or FPGA implementation and flows (synthesis, place & route)
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado or Intel PSG Quartus flows
- RTL IP, Xilinx Vivado IP, Intel PSG Quartus IP, and design reuse
- RTL simulation, verification, debug, and timing analysis
- Programming languages C/C++ and Python
- Data structures and algorithms
- Linux OS
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Corporation
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
Click Here To Apply