Who We Are?
Aqua Lung is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a common purpose: to inspire everyone to enjoy water exploration and be active in the water. We are innovators in the water space, with our unique spirit, and our goal of being more relevant to Swimmers, Snorkelers, Divers, and other water exploration enthusiasts than any other brand, day after day, dive after dive, and lap after lap. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the catalyst for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Quest for Exploration, Pioneer of Innovation, Technical Excellence, Inclusivity and Fun. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Aqua Lung!
Who We Are Looking For?
An individual with an optimistic, people-first attitude and a relentless commitment to team. Experience working for an Outdoor Industry consumer products company or Active outdoor lifestyle brand preferred. Familiarity with Aqua Lung’s core consumers – Swimmers, Divers, Kayakers and water exploration enthusiasts a plus. Someone who has a personal interest in water-related recreational activities including swimming, snorkeling, diving, kayaking, and boating.
In support of the General Manager, North America, the Director of Marketing, North America connects global Aqua Lung Group brands and products to the North American consumer and marketplace. They will lead a team of marketers in the highly coordinated planning, development and execution of go-to-market activities that successfully deploy brand communications, launch new products, assert strong merchandising and drive demand creation and sell through across channels.
Trade Marketing & Merchandising Leadership
This role will be the primary actor in the planning, execution and delivery of Product and Brand stories in the North American market though commercial partnerships, physical engagements and marketing mediums that reach and influence consumers. They will translate global brand strategies into regional channel and consumer-relevant stories that help position each brand in the most relevant and competitive way possible through trade events, retail merchandising, consumer events and activations.
Manage the region’s product portfolio, including pricing, channel-specific product assortments, seasonal promotional offerings, and customer-specific SMUs (special make-ups). Review, research and propose product assortments through regular interaction with sales and customers. This position will also be responsible for communicating North American product requirements to global product line managers & product development teams with data-driven market insights to ensure relevant, timely and successful new product introductions.
Brand Communications & Creative
This role is responsible for creating and executing regional marketing strategies that drive brand awareness and revenue across all digital and retail platforms. Working closely with Global Brand teams, they will lead the regions PR & Earned media strategies, plan and coordinate paid media and develop programs that enable high caliber brand storytelling that engages consumers and drive brand interest.
- Develop and implement annual and seasonal go to market strategies.
- Oversee day to day operations of the marketing department, including fiscal management of the department budget.
- Lead, develop, manage, and inspire Marketing Team.
- Build and manage comprehensive messaging and content plan for select regional brands.
- Build marketing budgets and review monthly financials to ensure accuracy and budget adherence.
- Develop short-term and long-term merchandising strategies.
- Support the Sales organization by compiling strong selling stories that leverage consumer insights, analytics and market data.
- Contribute to ideation, research, and planning of global product development process. Collaborate with the Global Product Development organization to support key product introductions, product assortment plans and end-of-life plans for products at retail.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the coordinated execution of packaging projects.
- Lead the creative team in the briefing and development of brand and product marketing content.
- Enhance North American consumer experience across the retail environment.
- Maintains relationships with external vendors including contractors, service providers and creative agencies.
- Experience working in complex, global matrix organization.
- This position has leadership responsibilities.
- Embrace and live the Aqua Lung values!
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Marketing or a related field.
- Equivalent of 7-10 years of progressively responsible marketing experience
- Experience in a high pace, deadline driven environment.
- Proven record of leading employee development and success.
- Strong capabilities with data and research tools (Qualtrics, etc)
- Strong understanding of current social media platforms, tools & trends
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with ERP systems (ASI &/or JDE)
- Strong analytical skills.
Aqua Lung is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. As a global company, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a widely diverse candidate pool.
If you are excited about this opportunity and joining the Aqua Lung team, please apply! No agency candidates, please.
Click Here To Apply