All In All Residential Services in Woodbridge, VA is looking for direct support professionals to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, ambitious, and hard-working.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and abilities required. These duties and responsibilities will be rated on the Annual Performance Review. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide active engagement and support for all individuals assigned, including but not limited to community integration/inclusion, training, leisure, communication, mobility, behavior, , personal care (feeding, etc.), bus loading/unloading, medication, safety and risk management, etc.
- Provide input and implements Person Centered Plans (PCP) outcomes, support activities, and protocols as written in order to ensure a safe and healthy environment, proper documentation and progress. Provide and maintain accurate information and documentation for the PCP, quarterly reports and daily notes
- Responsible for a safe, clean, and orderly environment. Immediately report any unsafe conditions, medical concerns, etc. to the Program Manager (or designee). Follow established written protocols and plans. Report any allegations of abuse, neglect, and exploitation according to ServiceSource policy/procedures. Complete incident report as required
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining accurate records and documentation per the PCP, regulatory and company standards. Inform the Program Manager (or designee) of missing or inaccurate information immediately
- Communicate with family members, guardians, authorized representatives, residential providers and Support Coordinators regarding participant’s illness, incidents, progress, etc. at the direction of the Program Manager (or designee). Keep team members apprised of any concerns as needed
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Required: A high school diploma (or GED) required. plus one (1) year of experience working with adults with developmental disabilities or the related field
- Preferred: high school diploma (or GED) plus a combination of college level courses in the human services field and experience working with adults with developmental disabilities or a Bachelor’s degree in the human services field and experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Employees who drive participants in the community (driving requirement varies by site) must possess a current and valid driver’s license and be eligible and covered under Service Source’s driver’s insurance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Relates well to people with disabilities
- Well organized and self-directed individual who is a team player
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skill and can relate to people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions provided in written and oral form.
- Demonstrates good judgement and decision making skills
- Ability to develop and implement professionally written PCP’s and supporting documentation
- Ability to initiate and lead age appropriate and engaging activities, social groups, etc. with the individuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak professional and effectively to others
- Knowledge of communication and its resources
- Physical ability to support individuals with personal care (feeding, toileting, transferring, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and other basic computer programs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and sit. The employee may occasionally lift or move products and supplies, up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking forward to reading your application.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive periodic text messages from this employer and Homebase about your pending job application. Opt out anytime. Msg & data rates may apply.
Click Here To Apply