- B.A. degree in human services or related field is preferred. Global Career Development Certification or ability to become certified desired.
- Three years experience in vocational/employment counseling, case management, vocational rehabilitation, supported work settings, community mental health, or chemical dependency services.
- Previous MFIP case management experience strongly desired.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of MFIP policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of available community resources providing services to low-income families.
- Ability to assess barriers to employment, prepare written plans, and assist participants in attaining job goals.
- Ability to instruct individuals or groups on job market, job seeking and job keeping skills.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a human services team.
- Ability to provide or arrange services such as career or personal counseling, family counseling, financial counseling, housing issues, medical, mental health, and chemical dependency treatment.
- Experience and desire to work with persons of diverse cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; computer experience required. Bilingual language skills helpful.
- Able to travel independently throughout the metro area.
WAGES: $16.83 – 21.03 per hour, DOQ
BENEFITS: Avivo offers competitive salaries and compensation, including a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include a generous PTO policy and company observed holidays as well as health and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a retirement savings plan. Health insurance coverage is also available for domestic partners, in addition to other optional benefits.
HOW TO APPLY: Please provide a letter of interest and resume highlighting your experiences and qualifications through our website at https://www.avivomn.org/about/careers/ If you have questions on your application, e-mail [email protected]
Avivo is a nonprofit organization which serves an average of 15,000 Minnesotans each year, helping them achieve recovery, employment, and career advancement. We believe everyone deserves the chance to live well and work well. Avivo provides chemical and mental health services, career and technical education, and employment services at locations in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota. Avivo employees help individuals transform their lives – move out of poverty, find treatment and achieve recovery, end homelessness, train for and start careers, and secure jobs. At Avivo, employees experience worthwhile work and professional growth as part of a vibrant and diverse workforce. You have direct and positive impact in people’s lives and are a part of make lasting change in our community! avivomn.org
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Avivo is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job classifications regardless of race, gender, religion, skin color, national origin or ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy) or mental disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, legally protected medical condition, family care status, marital status, veteran status, or genetic characteristics.
Click Here To Apply