We’re a people-focused business, and we pride ourselves on the promise to deliver efficient and effective services to our customers. At Sentry, we believe people are our competitive advantage. We strive to attract, train, and motivate our employees to keep Sentry as a market leader in our industry. We’re committed to hiring people with the potential to excel, but we can’t do this alone.
We’re currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced leader to provide exceptional service, guidance, and direction to join our team as the Associate Director of Commercial Claims.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Associate Director of Commercial Claims, you’ll oversee claim services to ensure our associates are meeting service standards, adhering to internal and external requirements, and effectively using company assets. In addition, you’ll:
- Monitor changes to claims requirements and oversee implementation of modifications to ensure compliance with internal controls and external regulations
- Identify needs and provide necessary claims related support or training
- Develop and execute strategic plans and claims operation objectives
- Direct and assist with developing workflows, processes, and procedures to manage the operation of the Claims Department
- Leverage understanding of claims operations, systems, and staff to implement process improvements and enhanced productivity
- Administer human resource-related activities, including timely performance reviews and selecting, developing, motivating, and recognizing staff
- Determine and govern authority for settlement and payment of claims matters
- Perform in-depth trend analysis audits of key claims metric data
WHAT IT TAKES
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related claims work experience
- 3+ years of management and/or leadership experience
- Professional designations such as the CPCU highly desired
- Strong claims and insurance technical expertise
- Analytical and problem-solving skills to make appropriate decisions
- Strong human relations and communications skills
- Acceptable motor vehicle record
- Ability to travel on short or unexpected notice
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
We take great pride in making Forbes’ list of America’s Best Midsize Employers since 2017. A lot of different factors go into that honor, many of which contribute to your job satisfaction. At Sentry, your total rewards go beyond competitive compensation. Below are some benefits and perks that you’ll receive.
- Generous Paid-Time Off plan for you to enjoy time out of the office.
- 401(K) plan with a dollar for dollar match on your first eight percent, plus immediate vesting to help strengthen your financial future.
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life insurance to encourage a healthy lifestyle.
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts to ease taxes on health spending.
- Extensive Work-Life Resources to lend a helping hand.
- Sentry Foundation gift matching program to encourage charitable giving.
- Continue your education and career development through Sentry University (SentryU).
HOW YOU’LL APPLY
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please complete your application and upload your resume online.
All of us at Sentry—more than 4,000 associates—have various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Thank you for your interest in Sentry!
Click Here To Apply