Goodwill works to enhance the dignity and quality of life of individuals and families by strengthening communities, eliminating barriers to opportunity, and helping people in need reach their full potential through learning and the power of work. Goodwill meets the needs of all job seekers, including programs for youth, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities, criminal backgrounds and other specialized needs.
Goodwill Industries of Central North Carolina, Inc. (GICNC) provides equal opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Skills / Requirements
Job Purpose: Display Goodwill’s strong professional work behavior both internally and externally that aligns with “Together is Better” and our 3 core principles: Enthusiasm/Passion, Trust and Integrity. The Assistant Retail Manager will drive the store sales by inspecting, tagging/hanging textiles, unloading, price/stock donations, operate cash registers and bag items. The Assistant Retail Manager will ensure that hourly retail employees perform and carry out required tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
- Opens & closes the facility (key holder).
- Supervises the day-to-day job tasks of hourly retail employees and the aspects of store operations in the absence of the Store Manager.
- Provides great customer service interaction with donors and customers.
- Displays lead by example skills and reflecting adherence to the values of Goodwill.
- Displays goal-minded leadership skills. Displays good judgement in elevating concerns to Management.
- Displays leadership by collaborating with Store Manager to train new staff, coach and support staff to meet or exceed production and sales goals.
- Trains employees through clear communication on job tasks with redirecting employees regarding projects with clear feedback.
- Ensures store stays clean /organized and customer service expectations are met on the sales floor and donation drive-thru area.
- Assures stock and sales are handled in accordance with the operating system.
- Open to new ideas and demonstrates confidence and enthusiasm for responsibilities.
- Displays the importance of tasks assigned and order of importance with the use of calendars, to-do lists, filing systems, etc., to ensure tasks are accurate and completed on time (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Prepares completes and deposits daily cash deposits/reconciliations in absence of Store Manager.
- Prepares paperwork in a quality and accurate manner. Works a rotating schedule, including evenings, weekends and holidays. Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements: High School Diploma or GED. Associates Degree in Business-related field is preferred. 1 year of retail sales experience in a leadership role is required. You must have valid NC driver’s license and insurance.
Benefits: Affordable Medical Insurance Plan Choices with Goodwill paying 80-90 % of Individual premium, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401K Plan with up to 5% match, Direct Deposit, Educational Assistance, Special Incentive Plans, Employee Assistance Program
Powered by JazzHR
Click Here To Apply