Ashley Furniture HomeStore, the #1 Mattress and Furniture retailer in North America, has an immediate opening for a Distribution Center Merchandise Prep Associate. The ideal candidate is responsible for opening, assembling, and inspecting all merchandise that is assigned to them for delivery.
OUR COMPANY OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Opportunity for advancement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Retirement Benefits
- Employee Purchase Discounts of 30% or more
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prep Line employees are responsible for moving all merchandise to their assigned lanes and verifying all merchandise assigned to the lane using reports.
- The employee is responsible for removal of all merchandise from cartons as well as packaging materials, moving all trash to the sanitation area once the lane is done, and keeping the work area clean, organized in order to meet all safety requirements.
- The Prep Line employee will build all furniture which requires assembly, inspecting all merchandise for damages, marking flaws and notating them on the report. The employee will repack damaged merchandise that is beyond repair and timely notifying shop technicians when repairs are needed.
- Prep Line employees work closely with the shop techs to ensure that all items are repaired, prepped and ready for next day delivery.
- High school diploma required.
- Ability to communicate in the English language in both speech and writing.
- Ability to carry out goals and instructions and to follow through on assignments.
- Demonstrates a customer focus.
- Ability to safely move up to 50 lbs or more with assistance
- Ability to maintain heavy physical activity during shift.
- Ability to use a two wheeler.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, and walk frequently.
- Ability to work in in-door/out-door climate.
- Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to read reports, view computer screen, etc.
- Must be able to hear and understand speech to interact with others.
- Must be able to speak so that others will be able to understand.
- Will remain in a seated position for extended periods of time
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: Must be able to perform repetitive tasks with both hands to include keyboarding, handwriting, office/POS equipment and handheld equipment operation.
- Will remain on one’s feet in an upright position and move about on foot.
- Will bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach at or above shoulder level.
- Will lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. or more with assistance.; transport loads of up to 100 lbs or more.
- Will work predominately in a warehouse environment; Potential exposure to oil, latex, and spray paint, household chemicals, biological odors and household dusts; moderate office noise.
Ashley Furniture HomeStore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ashley Furniture HomeStore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- One location
Click Here To Apply