Responsible for ordering, installing, modifying and making repairs to hardware, software, mobile devices and peripheral equipment. Works collaboratively with the Technical and Informatics teams, serving as the IT Lead role on projects, performs detailed problem solving on issues related to software, hardware and peripherals. Completed customer service ticket requests with details on work performed. Adheres to and practices the SJH Corporate Compliance Program and participates in Performance Improvement activities. Performs other duties as assigned by IT Management.
- General Responsibilities
- Configures, installs, fixes and upgrades edge and peripheral devices.
- Enables/Disables network security for new and existing users as needed.
- Calls back users when new requests are received within a 48 hour period.
- Responds to STAT and/or Critical requests immediately.
- Keeps hardware, software and peripherals up-to-date on a consistent basis.
- Investigated hardware and software problems and performs minor system hardware and communication connection repairs.
- Follows through on all problems with accuracy, details and communication until appropriately resolved.
- Works on special projects as the IT Lead as assigned.
- Help Desk
- Participates in On-Call rotation and Help Desk coverage.
- Trouble shoots end-user issues on edge devices, printers, peripherals, servers, integration, etc. with efficiency and thoroughness.
- Coordinates activities and provides backup support with help desk, network services or other information system staff as needed.
- Communicates appropriate information about computer workstation related requests to employees, physicians and office staff.
- Documents work performed/solutions in customer service ticket software on a daily basis.
- Purchases and Inventory
- Coordinates purchases of new edge devices, software, hardware, peripherals and upgrades.
- Maintains inventory/database of all edge devices, including replacements, printers and peripheral devices.
- Maintains documentation on requests, purchases, licenses, and origination standards for installing and configuring software.
- Participates in vendor meetings.
- User Education
- Assists computer users with basic equipment problems and provides education and training for edge device and printer operation.
- Complies with all hospital confidentiality, safety, infectious and hazardous materials policies and procedures.
- Participates in planning for organization projects which require edge devices, printers and peripheral devices.
- Provides assistance for computer equipment for monthly medical staff meetings, Board of Trustees meetings and other training courses as needed.
- Travels to off-site facilities to assist users with hardware, software and peripheral devices.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
Minimum Work Experience:
2 years’ experience in Information Technology or equivalent.
Office setting. All areas of hospital. Acute and intensive care as well as health care office settings. Frequent stressful situations and projects/tasks with compressed time lines. Must be on-site at the SJH campus or other facilities to fulfill the responsibilities of this role.
Ability to sit/stand in front of a computer for extended periods of time, handle multiple disruptions, juggle competing demanding priorities, communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Ability to crouch, stoop, and/or bend. Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds as needed.
Reports to: None
Internal and External Contacts: 1-910-746 IT Technical Manager
Click Here To Apply