Summary of Position:
- This position will consist of interpreting for healthcare patients with limited English proficiency. As a medical interpreter, you will facilitate doctor-patient communication at hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare-related facilities.
- This is an independent contractor position so there are no set hours; you will accept work depending on your own schedule.
- All interpreting assignments coincide with appointments made by patients at healthcare facilities and, therefore, will vary in duration and the amount of notice given.
- Assignment lengths and the content will vary. Examples of session content include physical therapy and rehabilitation, surgery, diagnostics, examinations, and mental health appointments.
- Travel Requirement: Interpreters are required to have their own form of transportation and travel on-site to the location of each appointment. Compensation for travel depends on the assignment.
- Must have completed a minimum 40-hour medical interpreter training course
- Applicants who have yet to obtain a medical interpreter training certificate will be directed to our Education Department
- Willingness to pass or show acceptable results for oral language proficiency tests in English and the target language(s)
- Knowledge of, exposure to, and comfort with working in a medical setting
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have flexible working hours and reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and criminal background check
- Must be able to submit immunization records (including TB test results) and must be willing to receive yearly flu immunization
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $20.00 – $28.00 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $25.00 – $30.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Multiple locations
Click Here To Apply