Montefiore- Schaffer Extended Care Center (SECC)
Montefiore- Schaffer Extended Care, a division of Montefiore Health System, has an opportunity for a Social Worker that will be accountable for carrying a caseload of short-term rehabilitation patients and long-term care residents. The Nursing Home Social Worker assists patients and their extended families with admission & discharge planning for the rehabilitation program and facilitates patient/residents’ psychosocial adjustment to their illness and the rehabilitation program or long-term care. The Social Worker reports directly to the Manager of Social Services.
A strong supportive team environment awaits the ideal candidate! Montefiore offers a competitive salary & benefits package which will be discussed during the interview process.
- One (1) to three (3) years of work experience in a long term care setting
- Knowledge of MDS3.0 and additional nursing home documentation to comply with state, federal and insurance standards
- Familiarity with long term care regulations and the dynamics of individual and family behavior and the organizational system as well as skills in casework, community organization and consultation
- Physical demands: walking/lifting and occasional lifting and pushing of patients and equipment
- MDS 3.0 Certification/knowledge of OBRA/RAPS & PASSAR Regulations
- Degree in Social Work and one to three years of relevant post-graduate studies or related experience with geriatric patients program needs
- NYDOH Number for completion of Nursing Home Screen
- NYS License
Montefiore is a premier academic health system and the University Hospital for Albert Einstein College of Medicine, serving the more than 3 million people living in the New York City region and the Hudson Valley. Montefiore is doing more to deliver science-driven care where, when and how patients need it most. With our new members and affiliate locations in Westchester, Rockland and Orange counties, Montefiore offers patients state-of-the-art healthcare close to home.
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.00 – $39.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Social Work: 1 year (Required)
- Master’s (Required)
- Which is the best email to reach you?
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
Click Here To Apply