Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Senior Patient Services Representative (1.0 FTE, DAY SHIFT) to work in Swedish Neuro Complex Spine at Swedish Medical Group in Seattle, WA.
The Senior Patient Services Representative is responsible for providing front office services to patients; coordinating surgeries, procedures and deliveries with physician, hospital and patient schedules; performing clerical and records activities in support of patients and staff.
In this position you will:
- Schedule and coordinate patient pre-op, surgery, and post-op appointments
- Collaborate effectively with physicians, hospitals and medical staff to meet scheduling demands
- Greet and check in patients in a friendly and courteous manner in person and on the phone; direct flow of patients and calls
- Ensure required authorizations are obtained and communicated to appropriate parties (insurance carriers, patients, etc.) in a timely manner
- Oversee the accurate coding, processing and invoicing of surgery, procedural and hospital charges
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months experience coordinating and scheduling surgery, procedural, and delivery schedules
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Clerical experience in a medical facility desired
About Swedish Medical Group
Swedish Medical Group (SMG) is a successful, performance-driven division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across 108 primary care and specialty care clinics.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Work Locations: Cherry Hill James Tower (WA197) 550 17th Ave Seattle, 98122
Req ID: 274180
Click Here To Apply