Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Mortgage Loss Mitigation Analyst II at our Frisco, TX location. The primary purpose of this job is to perform reviews and quality control analysis of hardship requests for mortgage products. The incumbent will review each Loss Mitigation end-process according to PenFed, investor and VA guidelines; following regulatory and internal timing requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Review loss mitigation loan maodification documentation for mortgage loans.
- Maintain a high level of member experience and excellent communications with all internal and external business partners.
- Verify all final loss mitigation documentation from end to end for each product according to PenFed, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, VA or other investor underwriting guidelines and ensure all requirements have been met. Including final loan modification documents and applicable approvals.
- Perform quality control analysis of financial information used to determine the most effective loss mitigation option within established timing requirements and review value assessments for accuracy.
- Perform quality control of underwriting calculations of income, expenses and escrow advances (if applicable) in accordance with departmental and investor/insurer guidelines, when applicable.
- Understand and potentially communicate with borrowers or internal departments on specific financial information, including discussing debt to income, and personal financial statements.
- Complete steps within the decision process workflow within assigned timelines to insure maximum member experience.
- Responsible for coordinating follow ups to ensure that all final closing paperwork is received or has been completed as required, pertinent documents are signed and recorded when required.
- Submit request for approval to investor, insurer, and MI companies; communicate with mortgage investor on specific loss mitigation options, when applicable.
- Document all loss mitigation actions taken, such as telephone conversations, letters mailed, and other similar activities, within PenFed’s designated software platform(s) and applicable reporting.
- Actively oversee the final processing, booking and recording of loan modification agreements, forbearance agreement and other applicable loss mitigation retention and/or liquidation agreements to ensure timely processing.
- Validate system completion to ensure adherence to all policies and ensure loss mitigation tasks have been processed and completed in all systems once completed by Mortgage Servicing Departments.
- Provide timely updates through multiple reports that are critical for strategic decisions and reporting requirements.
- Assist with the implementation of Loss Mitigation mortgage closing guidelines and training.
- Maintain working knowledge of internal policies, procedures and external regulations, which affect Loss Mitigation.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance, or other related field is preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in Loss Mitigation is preferred.
- Maintain a current knowledge of federal and state regulations concerning real estate related lending.
- Member service orientation (Collections and/or Origination’s preferred) with ability to demonstrate empathy towards members.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to develop wider business knowledge of all other functions within the department.
- Understanding of appropriate escalation timing and reasons.
- Ability to perform in a production environment and meet monthly goals.
Licenses and Certifications
- Require the incumbent to obtain Lending Authority within 120-days, when applicable.
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.
Click Here To Apply