As a member of the Confluence Health management team, the CWH Medical Specialty and Primary Care Service Line Director (SLD) oversees the outpatient operations of CWH Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, Women’s Health, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Pulmonary Medicine, Endocrinology, and Rheumatology and ensures the vision and strategy achieves excellence in all aspects of the Service Line. The SLD partners with the Service Line Medical Director (SLMD) to develop, implement, and manage all aspects of the SL medical practices and to support the strategic initiatives of Confluence Health. The SLD/ SLMD dyad promotes high levels of satisfaction with patients, providers, and staff by proactively addressing concerns through meaningful measures and interventions. They are accountable for patient care management, resource management, and fiscal management. They are expected to collaborate with their inpatient partners to develop, implement and achieve SL goals across the continuum of care.
Position Reports To: CWH Administrator
- Establish strong partnership and collaborative working relationships with physicians, APCs, SL Practice Manager/Physician Manager Dyads, SVP/Medical Director Dyad, and other team members.
- Partner with the SLMD to develop and implement strategic plan for Service Line.
- Provide leadership in the development and enhancement of Medical Specialty and Primary Care across the continuum of care.
- Facilitate change that enhances the patient experience.
- Represent services to the community, ensuring the provision of innovative community-based education and service.
- Develop and complete comprehensive assessment of the SL annually, including market share, utilization, profitability, referral patterns, and future business opportunities. Partner with Marketing and Business Development to ensure SL growth.
- Partner with SLMD to develop SL goals and objectives across the CH continuum. Creates action plans and monitor results. Implement process improvement utilizing CHVS tools to meet or exceed targets..
- Achieve best practice benchmarks for all in the SL
- Travel to other clinics within the SL to support standard work across CH.
- In partnership with SL Physician Leaders, provide input for APC performance reviews.
- Conduct performance reviews for direct reports and provide input for indirect report.
- Provide support and coaching for direct reports and assist with development plans for staff as needed. Mentor new leaders.
- Discipline and terminate employees as required in consultation with HR.
- Problem solve issues raised by physicians, employees, and patients.
- Liaison with SLD colleagues for continuity of care issues across Service Lines.
- Develop SL budgets in partnership with SLMD. Responsible for achieving budget targets. Collaborate with Materials Management to negotiate contracts.
- Work collaboratively with Practice Managers and Physician Managers to evaluate SL needs such as new equipment, devices, support personnel, marketing or other
- Accountable for SL P&Ls.
- Accountable for execution and achievement of SL goals in alignment with CH mission and strategies. Evaluate trends, variances and opportunities for improvement. Assist Practice Managers dyads to define and/or realign variances.
- Ensure policies, procedures, and standards are in compliance with regulatory and accrediting bodies. Accountable for inspections and completion of plans for correction.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and with the SLMD.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of SL channels for communication.
- Ensure development and utilization of standard work across SL.
- Required to maintain active Basic Life Support (CPR) certification.
- Other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Standards of Behavior and adhere to the Code of Conduct in all aspects of job performance at all times.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Healthcare or related area and 6 years of relevant leadership experience.
- Current Confluence Health employees: Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of relevant leadership experience with CHVS Leader certification.
- Proficiency within the Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Knowledge of organization policies, procedures, systems, and objectives.
- Knowledge of fiscal management and human resource management techniques.
- Knowledge of accounting systems, insurance billing and collecting, and budgets.
- Skill in planning, organizing, and supervising.
- Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients, and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to counsel/discipline personnel as requested or as may become necessary.
- Ability to delegate authority, responsibility to other staff personnel as deemed necessary to perform their assigned duties.
- Ability to handle information in a confidential manner.
- Must maintain primary residence in the Confluence Health service area.
- RN or BSN.
- Master’s Degree in Health Administration or MBA.
- Lean Certification/trained.
- Proficiency with Epic EHR.
O = Occasional, represents 1 to 25% or up to 30 minutes in a 2 hour workday.
F = Frequent, represents 26 to 50% or up to 1 hour of a 2 hour workday.
C = Continuous, represents 51% to 100% or up to 2 hours of a 2 hour workday.
Physical/Sensory Demands For This Position:
- Walking – F
- Sitting/Standing – OF
- Reaching: Shoulder Height – O
- Reaching: Above shoulder height – O
- Reaching: Below shoulder height – F
- Climbing – F
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds or less – F
- Pulling/Pushing: 25 pounds to 50 pounds – O
- Pulling/Pushing: Over 50 pounds – O
- Lifting: 25 pounds or less – F
- Lifting: 25 pounds to 50 pounds – O
- Lifting: Over 50 pounds – O
- Carrying: 25 pounds or less – O
- Carrying: 25 pounds to 50 pounds – O
- Carrying: Over 50 pounds – O
- Crawling/Kneeling – O
- Bending/Stooping/Crouching – O
- Twisting/Turning – O
- Repetitive Movement – O
Work is done throughout a specific clinical/reception area of the building. Some work areas may be small, crowded, and confined. Job requires both working closely with others and working alone. Hours can vary from a normal schedule and overtime may be required. Stressful working conditions do exist.
- Hourly/Salary: Salary
Physical Exposures For This Position:
- Unprotected Heights – No
- Heat – No
- Cold – No
- Mechanical Hazards – No
- Hazardous Substances – Yes
- Blood Borne Pathogens Exposure Potential –Yes
- Lighting – No
- Noise – No
- Ionizing/Non-Ionizing Radiation – No
- Infectious Diseases – Yes
Click Here To Apply