Responsible for timely submission of hospice billing for multiple third party payers including, but not limited to, Medicare, Medicaid, commercial carriers and self pays. Coordinates accumulation and verification of all necessary documentation required for billing. Performs all follow up duties associated with rebilling, adjustments and collections of all overdue accounts/claims in accordance with best business practices. Process correspondence and telephone calls from all payers regarding claims. Responsible for identifying problems and solutions or enhancements to resolve billing issues including, but not limited to, billing frequency, required forms and general billing requirements. Communicates issues and offers suggestions to agency personnel as well as management to improve processes with patient accounts and follow-up claims.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- All submission of hospice billing.
- Ensures all documents and/or records used for Accounts Receivable are complete and accurate.
- Prepares reports used for account analysis.
- Follow claims through Medicare and other insurance audits and appeals to ensure prompt payment.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and approves all inpatient and room and board claims.
High School graduate with strong problem solving, communication and technology skills.
Minimum 1-3 years’ experience working for a billing department at a hospice company. Hospital and Nursing Home experience will also be considered. Medicare billing and collections experience with an electronic billing system preferred; and Medicare Secondary Payer experience a plus.
Click Here To Apply