Swedish Medical Group is looking for a Medical Assistant I (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Pediatric Specialists at Swedish Medical Group in Seattle, WA.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
Swedish Medical Group now offers a one time $3,000 Sign-on Bonus to Certified Medical Assistants newly joining SMG!
The MA I works under the delegation of a licensed practioner to perform duties as directed to assist in providing basic patient care to assigned patients. Basic patient care needs will be met though both administrative and clinical duties. An MA I is expected to perform in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulations._
In this position you will:
- Greet and prepare patients for the practitioner. Obtain and record vital signs and other appropriate information, such as height, weight, presenting problem, and other medical information.
- Ensure confirmation of patient identity with each patient encounter.
- Document all interactions in patient’s medical record.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner and as appropriate per role and certification, obtain specimens, perform required testing, administer medications via oral, topical, optic, ophthalmologic or inhaled routes; administer vaccines including combination or multi-dose vaccines.
- Under the delegation of a licensed practitioner, assist or perform point of care tests and clinical procedures as appropriate to scope of role and certification.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Graduate of accredited school for medical assistants or alternate training program
- Active Medical Assistant Certified (MA-C) or Interim (MA-I) in state of WA at hire
- If in Active Interim Certification Status (MA-I), incumbent must pass one of the following exams within 180 days of hire: AMCA, AAMA, AMT, NHA, NCCT, or NAHP
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers at hire – Must be American Heart Association accredited
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Medical assisting experience in a clinic setting
- 6 months prior experience providing a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment
- 6 months previous experience in a healthcare setting working with an Electronic Health record (EHR)
About the Swedish Medical Group:
Swedish Medical Group (SMG) is a successful, performance-driver division of Swedish Health Services, the largest non-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area. The SMG network includes more than 900 providers across 108 primary care and specialty care clinics.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Work Locations: First Hill Madison Bldg (WA177) 1101 Madison Seattle, 98104
Req ID: 273885
Click Here To Apply