Your potential is unlimited. As a small boutique company, committed to helping each Associates have more than just a “job”. Mission is to have associates feel like they have a career and an opportunity to grow. Great opportunity to become part of a growing organization that is committed to the future of their Associates:
The Health and Wellness Director -LPN in PCB will ensure the quality of care for all residents in conjunction with the Executive Director.
This community is a mid-size and provides Memory Care and Assisted Living.
Requires an understanding and commitment to the principals and values of the community. This position requires creativity and flexibility with residents who have complex situations and is at times stressful. The Health and Wellness Director requires an ability and willingness to assist with the training of the Medication Techs in tasks required for a safe and compliant medication delivery system. The Health and Wellness Director position requires a caring nature and willingness to care for the elderly.
- Has familiarity and willingness to work with the elderly population.
- Previous experience preferred, but not necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately delegate responsibility with necessary authority without relinquishing his/her overall responsibility and accountability for the delegated task.
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems in a timely manner, develop effective resolutions to those problems and ensure implementation of the proposed resolution, confirm results and revise as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Scheduling the service plan dates according to state regulatory guidelines.
- Implement interim service plans as care needs change and assure all medication techs are in-serviced on implementing interim service plans as needed.
- Assure home health, hospice and ancillary care providers, communicate their visits and provide the necessary documentation of their visit.
- Complete MAR audits.
- Other department audits as directed by the Executive Director.
- Assist with tracking and recording incident reports. Assure the incident investigations are completed.
- General record-keeping and filing as needed.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, hire, train, supervise, counsel as needed, and terminate the care staff as conditions arise.
- Work as a manager of the day as directed by the Executive Director.
- In conjunction with Executive Director, perform evaluations, counsel, discipline and discharge if necessary, all health care staff.
- Perform such other tasks as may be required from time to time by the management of the property.
- Read the 24-hour communication book and respond as necessary to issues.
- Review all incident reports and residents on alert status.
- Read any new interim service plans that could have been initiated.
- Assure an appropriate amount of staff are available and on shift.
- Meet with RCC to review care changes, staffing, and resident needs.
- Maintain and update shower and laundry schedules.
- Review the staff schedule and make changes as needed.
- Support supervisor on duty when staff call off and assist with finding replacements. Assure appropriate paperwork is turned into Business Office Manager.
- Assist with orienting all new caregiver/medication tech staff along with RCC/ED.
- Answer to resident/family needs as issues arise.
- Audits as per schedule, (MAR/TAR)
- Add interim service plan care needs to main service plan as care needs change
- Attend and participate in the scheduled mandatory in-services
- Attend and participate in other scheduled meetings (Safety, Quality Assurance)
- Audit med room procedure and practices, including one medication tech (for compliance and infection control practices related to medication administration.
- Must be a Licensed Nurse LPN/RN in FL. Proficiency in English preferred. Attends in-services monthly required for the position. Receives and maintains CPR certification.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Director of Nursing: 2 years (Required)
- Assisted Living: 2 years (Required)
- LPN/RN Florida (Required)
- One location
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Click Here To Apply