Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
This position will be tasked with supporting management across the facility and will work independently and provide administrative support for large projects or programs. They will also provide support to case management, housing, and programming.
Human Resource Contact: [email protected] 307-328-7426
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Performs executive-level administrative and support duties.
- Coordinate facility inmate orientation.
- Scanning/maintaining restrictive housing tracking and documents.
- Monitor and track conflicts for the facility.
- Research, compile, and maintain monthly reporting.
- Maintain tracking of facility operational procedures and make modifications as needed.
- Preparation for annual audits/assessments.
- Provide services for inmates to include notary service, form stocking, and video visitation.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of assigned programs, projects, or functions between various sources and the office maintenance and inventory.
- Plans, coordinate and facilitate meetings.
- Reviews cases, applications, files, records, etc. to determine the action to be taken.
- Creates and edits reports & documents for management.
- Manages schedules and timelines for managers.
- Management and oversight of office equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for processing, maintenance, and quality control of records and documents.
- Compiles vital information.
- Will be cross-trained to provide relief for other positions at the facility.
Preferences will be given to candidates with 2-4 years of progressive work experience in an office setting and work experience in a secure facility.
- Knowledge in applicable computer applications.
- Knowledge of records processing and maintenance procedures and systems.
- Knowledge in the preparation of complicated documents.
- Knowledge and understanding of the agency and each respective division/program.
- Knowledge of investigating alleged non-compliance.
- Knowledge of project management.
Associate’s Degree (typically in Business)
0-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Business Office Communications) with acquired knowledge at the level of an Office Support Specialist I
Education & Experience Substitution:
2-4 years of progressive work experience (typically in Business Office Communications) with acquired knowledge at the level of an Office Support Specialist I
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking, standing, bending, carrying light items, driving an automobile, etc.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- This position must pass a background check.
- The Wyoming Department of Corrections is a Drug-Free Workplace. Per WDOC policy, all staff is subject to drug testing while employed by WDOC. Successful applicants for employment must pass a background/reference check and drug test prior to appointment.
- WDOC is a Tobacco-Free workplace and prohibits the taking, carrying, possessing, or introducing of smoking materials, smokeless tobacco, or tobacco substitutes on or into WDOC facilities and grounds.
- WDOC has a strict dress code policy to include standards for facial hair, body art, and piercings/gauges. All applicants must meet the standards of this dress code to be considered for employment.
- WDOC offers a competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, paid vacations and sick leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement program, Wyoming State Retirement, 457 deferred compensation program, and longevity pay opportunities for advancement. Please visit our website at http://doc.state.wy.us/
080-Department of Corrections – Prisons – Wyoming State Penitentiary
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.
Click Here To Apply