FRONT OFFICE MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST
Exciting opportunity with expanding Pediatric practice in North McAllen. The Medical Receptionist will attend to patients on the phone and in person and will coordinate and organize appointments and documentation to facilitate the smooth running of the clinical processes and support delivery of quality patient care. He/she will be responsible for corresponding with patients, maintaining the organization of the office, and ensuring that our environment is welcoming for our patients and their families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Meets and greets all patient families as they call or come into the office
- Answers all phones calls and appropriately triages calls
- Monitors the patient portal email account and processes requests as they come in
- Sets up CHADIS, ImmTrac2 and MyKidsChart accounts for families
- Uses Athena EMR to assist families through the revenue cycle, including: patient registration, insurance verification, appointment scheduling, time of service collections, and payment posting
- Maintains current account demographic information, including: race, ethnicity, phone numbers, addresses, insurances, email addresses, patient preferred communication method, and patient portal access – enters data into Partner and scans all corresponding documentation into the EHR
- Ensures all new patients have completed patient registration packet and all information is scanned into the patient’s EHR chart
- Reviews electronic faxes and download to appropriate patient chart, print as needed, give to MD
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Post phone notes in EHR and assign them to proper staff
- Ensure calls are handled professionally and efficiently
- Ensure messages are documented accurately and delivered timely
- Accurately schedule, reschedule, and cancel appointments
- Consistently and professionally enforce appointment policies
- Reschedule the no shows, all the patients seen at night clinic, and nurse calls
- Ensure appointments are properly scheduled with visit reason, provider, length of time,
- Block days from the scheduler
- Contact patients who are behind on well child checkups and immunizations
- Put out mail and faxes and load them into the EHR
- Processes medical records requests from parents, law offices, doctor’s offices, etc.
- Constantly monitor EHR visit task tab for task request and process timely
- Coordinate care for individual patients
- Involve care team in quality improvement activities
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- High School diploma or GED
- One year experience preferred, particularly in a medical/clinical setting
- Bilingual preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge in planning and scheduling techniques.
- Knowledge in medical billing procedure.
- Word processing and/ or data entry skills.
- Knowledge of related accreditations and certification requirement.
- Receptionist skills with strong customer service focus
- Skills in preparing and maintaining patient records.
- Ability to interact and communicate with people over the telephone, often in stressful situations.
- Knowledge of the nature and provision of alternative health insurance plans.
- Knowledge of pre-certification requirements, procedures, and documentation of third party medical insurance payers.
- Teamwork orientation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $9.00 – $9.50 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $9.00 – $11.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- One location
- Not listed / Other
- Greeting visitors
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Processing payments
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Click Here To Apply