Ideal candidate will be a goal-oriented, self-motivated, and a proven highly accurate dealing with accounts receivable work in a remote atmosphere. Ideal candidate will fit our commitment to our clients by being the best in the business consistently obtaining every possible dollar for our clients while maintaining the highest level of integrity and compliance. Candidate will demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have experience on MEDENT. Please do not reply unless you have MEDENT experience.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Checking eligibility and benefits verification as indicated in client contract. Notifying client of any upcoming appointments or schedule procedures if eligibility is an issue.
- Posting charges or verification of charges from client EMR.
- This will vary per client contract and candidate should expect to have different methods based on the client needs
- Post all payments including payments collected at front desk, the client office via mail or lock box as applicable to each client set up.
- Post or validate ERA adjustments per contracts with Medicare, Medicaid, and third-party commercial carrier.
- Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Reviewing patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtaining any missing information in order to minimize days outstanding on patient balances.
- Following up on unpaid claims within industry standard billing cycle time frame.
- Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract adjustments.
- Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments.
- Identifying and billing secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Reviewing accounts for insurance or patient follow-up.
- Researching and appealing all denied claims.
- Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Setting up patient payment plans and/or work collection accounts.
- Updating billing software with appropriate patient or insurance information as directed by client or obtained directly from patient.
- Updating cash spreadsheets and running monthly reports as required on client contract.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in the billing and accounts receivable follow up environment
- CPB, CPC or similar credential a plus
- Must have Internet access with ability to meet HIPAA safeguard requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of MEDENT billing system a requirement
- Experience using Word and Excel programs
- Must understand balancing a financial day (balancing to deposit records)
- Experience understanding how to maximize use of carrier websites when applicable
- Passing BASIC billing test provided during interviewing process
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $14.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Medical Billing: 3 years (Preferred)
- MEDENT Billing System: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Click Here To Apply